Time to set some things straight here...

jchristena

Established Member
Van-

There have been a couple of threads(one started by me) that have gone off topic and gotten out of hand. I'm sure you are aware of the facts here but I want to state publicly what has happened from my point of view. I do not appreciate, nor did I authorize my name being dropped in an attempt to slam you or Mr. Lund.

Here are the facts-
1. I posted a thread requesting help for a surging issue I was having on my Lund tuned '11 GT500.
2. I was not pleased with one of the responses that Lund gave me indicating it was a problem with the hardware on my car. I posted that response publicly and a response to Mr. Lund saying simple 'thanks'. (meaning thanks for nothing).
3. Within 15 minutes, Lund responded with a new tune revision. This tune fixed my issue. Lund sent me a final revision after I informed him that my issue was resolved. This is the tune file I am currently running. Lund was extremely insistent that my issue was simply a data corruption issue and no changes were made to the file.
4. There was some speculation by other members on this forum that he lowered throttle demand or whatever. I don't know about any of this. I can say my car doesn't surge and surprises me with the power it makes every single time I lean on it.
5. I was contacted by another member stating he could give me a free tune. He was certain it would resolve a problem I no longer had. While I am in no way saying that the person that wrote the tune file is incompetent, I don't know the guy and I'm not going to try and fix what isn't broken.
6. I put off loading the tune and was continually contacted asking if I had loaded it yet. I finally responded that I had and it was great and I was happy with it. I appreciated the offer and concern, but I would have to have my head examined to load a mail order tune from a guy I don't even know and go full throttle with it in Texas heat with 150 degree plus IAT2s.
7 I come to find out that there is much more to the story than 1 member using his connections to help out another member. There is/was an agenda at work here and that pisses me the **** off.

I NEVER LOADED THE TUNE I WAS SENT AND I AM AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING A LUND TUNE. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Customer service and respect goes a long way with me. Van earned me as a lifelong customer some time ago. I can think of an example where I was having an AdvanceTrac problem that I posted here on the public forums asking for help. He took it upon himself to contact me out of the blue and conference me in with Lund himself trying to solve my issue. This is WELL BEFORE I was a customer of Van's. That has been the level of customer service I have received from him EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just last week I bought another Lund tune from Van for my buddy's 5.0. We are installing a 2.3L Whipple next week and it will be tuned by Lund Racing.

Do I think Lund comes across as a bit abrasive? Perhaps. In the end, who gives a shit? I'm not trying to date guy...I want him to tune my car. He did that, he addressed my issues and my car runs awesome. What more do I need?

Thank you Van and Lund Racing.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just getting caught up on the latest fandango. A tip of the hat to you Mr Christena for being forthcoming, open, and honest.

Users who are viewing this thread