Time for tires.......

i8u

Established Member
Anyone using the goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3? How are they compared to the oem tires?

What about the bfgoodrich g-forcet/a kdw

I want equal or better traction that the oem tires offered.

How many miles can you get out of a set of nittos drag radials?
:beer:

fubu795

Banned
If you plan on getting pulley and stuff or already have it, go with nitto 315's on stock wheels. Great traction and long life. I have about 7k on mine right now and over 20 track runs with big burnouts, there completely bald now but defintitly got my moneys worth :)

i8u

Established Member
I would love some 555r's but I would at least like to get 10k miles out of them.

I would love to hear some more opinions...:beer:

How are the 275/40/17 nittos?

i8u

Established Member
I'm making an order in the next hour.........:rockon: :rolling:

I just need to decide which ones.....:shrug: :beer:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I guess it also depends on what weather conditions you drive in. drag radials suck in the rain(ie nitto drag radial type tires).

GS-D3, heard only good things about them, all conditions, decent tread life etc.

im currently on a set of michelin pilot sports. great all around (daily driver) good dry, excellent wet, last awhile, less noise etc. ok for hooking up but not as good as nittos.

really depends what your looking for :)

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by BuffDigits
I guess it also depends on what weather conditions you drive in. drag radials suck in the rain(ie nitto drag radial type tires).

GS-D3, heard only good things about them, all conditions, decent tread life etc.

im currently on a set of michelin pilot sports. great all around (daily driver) good dry, excellent wet, last awhile, less noise etc. ok for hooking up but not as good as nittos.

really depends what your looking for :)

Not flaming here but I COMPLETELY beg to differ about nittos in the rain. I drive my car in the rain all the time, anywhere from 30-80 MPH. The tires only suck if the driver is an idiot. I've never had a single problem, EVER. And also to the guy who started this thread, theres a guy on here by the name of "2FST4U" I think, he has a blowzilla and a pair of nittos with over 15k on them from normal driving.

i8u

Established Member
I would love to hear some opinions from people who have gone from the oem tire to the gs-d3.
:read:

Also who has the best price on nitto's?:beer:

I need 4 new tires. Anything better than oem will be considered.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Pilots are about the best out there. The d3's have done well for alot of people. The BFG's are a great tire for the money. Just depends on what you want to spend. Opinions are like a$$holes, you know the rest....

JSHTROD

Established Member
I've had Nittos on my car for almost 20k miles. 555DR's.

Don't go to the track much, and they'll last a long time.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Pilots are about the best out there. The d3's have done well for alot of people. The BFG's are a great tire for the money. Just depends on what you want to spend. Opinions are like a$$holes, you know the rest....

I agree. Pilots are too much money imo.....

I want to spent around $800 or less...

Would I be crazy to run nittos up front?

I want 4 matching tire with better than oem traction.

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by OrangeSvtCobra
Will they fit?

You tell me :)

nitto1.jpg

nitto2.jpg

nitto3.jpg

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
goto tirerack.com. You can see the tires rating, compair tires and see what others had to say about them. Everyone has somthing different to say (just like the exhaust). Choose which ones fit you and your driving.

TC'sonicVert

Established Member
I have the GS-D3's all the way around, 315/17's out back and 275/17's up front. the traction is excellent, tread design is awesome, and the rim protectors just take the package over the top. I would recemend these tires to anyone in the market

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Nittos, had a set (not DRs) on my old 01 GT for 20k miles until I traded it, they still looked new.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by TC'sonicVert
I have the GS-D3's all the way around, 315/17's out back and 275/17's up front. the traction is excellent, tread design is awesome, and the rim protectors just take the package over the top. I would recemend these tires to anyone in the market

Rim protectors? What are those?

Traction is improved compared to the oem tires?

Users who are viewing this thread