time for new brakes got a few ???

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
alright so im due for a new set up. i think ill be going with some brembo rotors link to rotors . now here is where im stuck at. which pads do i go with? ive heard hawks are good but they squeek. should i just not get the blue pads? also where can i get the best deal on the rotors pads and steel brake lines? any link or direction is appreciated. thanks all
Snakie

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
I had the Brembo slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads on my previous 99. Though the pads squeek a little, I found the grip they provide to be well worth the trade-off. They usually only squeeked when I was slightly depressing the break pedal.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I have had 5 different srtups on mine now and have stopped with a set of floating rotors $330 each!
I had the motor sport crossdrilled and slotted rotors and had several different pads on them and didnt find one that I liked. I ran hawk pads on them right before I got my latest setup and they worked great! Dont run factory pads or EBC greenstuff pads either they were spongy and werent responsive at all!

Now with my 3 pc performance friction rotors I am running performance friction race pads and it is by far the best brake setup I have ever owned. Now I just need some upgraded calipers!

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
thanks for the input guys.
I forgot to ask if replacing the stock brake lines to the ss lines was difficult?, im your average mechanically inclined joe.
and what website do u guys order your brake parts from?
gracias

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I loved my Hawk HPS pads and Powerslot slotted rotors on my 5.0

They were kinda dusty but the initial bite was incredible.

I'd stay way away from EBC. I put their greenstuff pads and rotors on the car and they really sucked big time.

Try some of the sponsors on this site or ebay.

I've bought all the rest of my stuff from www.tirerack.com

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Snakie - what is the purpose of the upgrade? Are you going to race it? If you aren't, then all your getting is bling, because the stock Cobra brakes will pull you down from speed with no problems whatsoever.

If you aren't planning to track it, throw some good pads on there, change the fluid, and call it a day. Use the rest of the money for some other goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread