Time for a new snake...?

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
Hey guy's it's been awhile since I've been on but I couldn't think of a better group of Cobra guy's to discuss this with....I'm thinking about parting out my Cobra, Yeah I know why part it out? well it's a long story but the short version is I let a "friend" store it while I was out of town and I got it back with what I think is a blown motor and I really don't feel like spending the time or money getting it back right. It's only got about 46,000 miles a new clutch, mint interior and a new set of tires with 315 rears I don't know guy's this really sucks because I love my baby but I feel like I'm screwed! It's a 98 and I've been wanting an 04 for awhile now. I don't even now the best way to go about it either what do you guy's think???

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So you'll spend $25k on an 03-04, but not $6-8k on a nice new motor for the 98? Hell, you can even throw an 03-04 motor in their, they even sell ther GT500 motor now. Granted its $15k, but at least it'll SMOKE a stock 03-04
I like the Terminators too, but our cars are so much sexier.
Also, I'd be have a loooong talk with your "friend" if I were you.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
hmmm, stored car at friends house, possible blown motor. I think I would confront the friend, and at least ask for half the money, if not all of it, and go get you a new motor.

doctorDOHC

hammerdown &give it HELL
Established Member
Fix the motor. Last night I drove a friends 04'....scary fast and I loved the seats but SN95's look meaner and it finalized my decision to keep my 98 and get a hair-dryer for it. Oh, and some seats.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
u got everything else on the car in good shape and u got the good aluminum block... get good internals, cams port the heads and intake and get a nice turbo... prob cost you about 10k to do it right but the car will be scary fast

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
The only time someone should part out a car is if the car is structurally wrecked or rusted out.

Fix your 98 and throw some forged parts inside it. Bolt on a Procharger and go hunt some GT500's.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Keep the 98, much sexier, the sexies stang out there! Get a nice new motor.....keep the 98 teksid block and build an 03/04 motor with it.

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
It would make sense to keep it I'm just pissed that this even happened...I haven't posted in a while but I'll put up a few just to give you guy's an idea of what I'm talking about...I think I was one of the first people with a black/black Cobra hell I even sprung for the black R's It's kind of a standard thing now though but it still looks mean! I really appreciate the comments fellas... It's not wrecked and it's never seen snow it's been in Florida and South Carolina for ever.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Try really hard to get the money for the damage, and if he says no, bring the guy to court, seriously. Even if he is your 'friend'...

venoNOS

BIG DOG DADDY
Established Member
Keep it. The SN-95 bodys are the sexiest around plus there are Terminators everywhere now days, You dont see too many of the sn-95s around in good condition.:coolman:

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
You guy's do have a valid point you don't see too many nice SN95 Cobra's anymore I guess I should look for a reputable shop to begin the repairs...Thank's fellas!!! I do love "her" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread