Time for a new clutch

fatal01SVT

Established Member
So long story short I grenaded my clutch the other day... I was wondering what you guys recommend as a good aftermarket replacement. I've been looking at the SPEC stage 2 and the Exedy mach 400 stage 2 but cant decide between them. Also i read somewhere that i should replace my stock flywheel with a lightened one when swapping to an aftermarket clutch is that worth the extra $350ish? i also read that i should use the ford pilot and TO bearings instead of the ones from the kit, what are your thoughts on those? I'm also replacing my quadrant (for an aluminum one), adding a firewall adjuster, and replacing my cable (with the oem one) anything else you can think of that i may need/want?

Last edited:

jacker1991

Established Member
I went with Exedy and replaced the ToB with a Ford Racing one. I also got a new clutch fork from Ford Racing and re-adjusted my pivot ball. Lastly, I got my flywheel rectified since I did not see the need to spend $300+ on a light flywheel for a car that I just DD. It just depends on what you plan to do with the car I guess.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have an aluminum Centerforce flywheel in the garage. You can either have the friction plate replaced or have it machined. If you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread