Tim Duncan named NBA MVP

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Good choice.

No,he's not. But he works with much less. David Robinson is no Shaquille O'neal.

So, Timmy works with less, but ends up with a better record. What could this mean? :idea: Timmy>Kobe.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by cito
So, Timmy works with less, but ends up with a better record. What could this mean? :idea: Timmy>Kobe.

Could? Yes. Does? Nope.

Wait 5 years. No more Shaq. Kobe ruling the league with an iron fist. And not in a Lakers jersey.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
The numbers don't lie. The Lakers are a .300 team with Kobe but no Shaq. Iron fist? Maybe, Kobe is great, but not near as important as Shaq, Timmy, or KG. Being a great player does not necessarily mean a valuable player. I am not really a Kobe-hater, but just think that there are others in the league that could do what he does for the Lakers including T-Mac, Carter, LeBron, ....

Nobody can do what Shaq does. That's it, I changed my mind. Shaq is clearly the MVP, not KG. But Kobe? Please
:bash:

StangD281

Established Member
T-Mac > the league

Unfortunately, the rest of the Magic < dogshit

I'll take Dirk in 7 over the Kings; Kobe > Tim in 6.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
The numbers don't lie.

Yes the numbers do,in fact,lie. There is no way to gauge what the Lakers would do without Shaq unless he takes an entire season of. 10 games or so doesn't tell the entire story.

Being a great player does not necessarily mean a valuable player.

I didn't even attempt to argue that Bryant is more important to his team that KG or Timmy. Who would? Those two along with T-Mac,carry their teams. I just happen to think that talent wise Kobe is a better basketball player than they are.

but just think that there are others in the league that could do what he does for the Lakers including T-Mac, Carter, LeBron, ....

Tracy is great,but he can't defend like Kobe. Vince Carter is an impressive dunk machine who does nothing else in a superior way. And he doesn't have the determination to play through pain. And LeBron James isn't in the league quite yet but it's highly unlikely he'll even approach Kobe's skills,at least not for 4 or 5 years.

I'll take Dirk in 7 over the Kings; Kobe > Tim in 6.

Never bet against the Kings,ecspecially when the opposition is those near choking Mavs.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Who cares? The NBA is a damn joke and disgrace to the sport of basketball.

The NBA consists of whiny, overpaid athletes with not an ounce of common sense and sportsmanship. I used to love the game, but the NBA really turned me off to the sport in general. More of these pathetic, drug trafficking basketball players need to be like Mr. Jordan: well educated and mannered.

I'm tired of seeing losers such as Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell, and others gain national attention for their marijuana possession charges and lack of morale. How hard is it to keep your nose clean and play ball? Gimme a break. To think kids looks up to these people. :nonono:

Now, I do support the likes of Bird, Magic, Robinson, and Jordan. These men had skills far above the kids of the NBA of today, plus off-court manners.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
T-mac versus Kobe this year. Both scored exactly 59 points. The Magic won the game that Shaq did not play while the Lakers won the game in which he did play (by a lot). T-mac's defense is underrated. He is long, and since he has no help on offense, he has to save himself for scoring.

LeBron is better right now than Kobe was going into his first season. He is a better passer and shooter. Not just my opinion, ask around. He still has to prove himself, which Kobe has done.

I don't have the time to go back through the years that Kobe has played without Shaq, but I would be shocked if the Lakers are above .500 with Kobe but no Shaq.

Time will tell. Maybe we can revisit this in five years, and if I am wrong, I will try to admit it.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Never bet against the Kings,ecspecially when the opposition is those near choking Mavs.
Ah yes, the Sacramento Queens. Talk about chokes! They are the league's defending choke champions. Just ask Doug Christie....he is still having nightmares & hearing the sound "clang" in his sleep.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
My personal fav is Kobe...the most deserving is KG...arguments could be made for McGrady...but who can argue against Duncan? :shrug:

The other 3 will get their MVP award before their careers are through. I'm just happy the NBA finally has real talent out there. A few seasons were seriously lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread