Tiger Woods '08

Black0ut

Established Member
Well I don't know how many of you gamers out there went and picked up Tiger Woods '08 or were thinking about it so I figured I would share some interesting things about the release of this game for those who haven't seen or heard about it yet.

I purchase the game about a week ago for the Xbox 360 and have nearly completed all the challenges. I am at the final stage where I have to beat Tiger to unlock all the rest of the gear from the proshop etc...

Well I am successful on the first hole and after that the game freezes on me. I'm like wtf? oh well I'll just start again and continue on. Well after attempt number 2 the games freezes again. I'm surely pissed off at this point as I really would like to beat this game considering I'm so close. Anyways I say forget it and go online to try and play some best ball with a couple friends on Xbox Live. Well wouldn't you know it, right after the first hole it freezes again.

At this point I head over to the good old interweb and see if it's just me or is everyone is having a problem. At first I think, sure if there is a problem it will be minor and there will be an easy fix. I mean come on EAsports has a great reputation, fantastic games and minimal issues from what I have seen since I have been buying their software (early NHL's 93, 94 etc..)

Here is a link to EAsports forums for Tiger Woods '08:
Clicky

It seems at this point that almost every copy released has this freeze bug!!

Upon further investigation it seems that there are countless bugs in this game and that the game was released without complete testing and certification.

Now I'm not one to bitch and complain so that's not why I posted this here.

I figured I would just light off a quick rant and give the heads up to anyone thinking about buying the game. For those people I say wait until they release this "patch" that his supposed to fix all these bugs in the game.

The patch of course has no release date and is in the works right now.

Anyways have a quick read through some of the threads, more specifically the top thread about the freeze bug. Some people love this game so much and are so pissed they have started a petition with the better business bureau.

All in all the game play is great. It's the best Tiger yet. I just really want to beat Tiger!

Anyone else with the game have any problems on the 360 or any other console?

-Black0ut

as76021

I am tired
Established Member
bluevilevo8 said:
It's no glitch. It's merely a reminder that noone beats Tiger. Ever.

hahaha that would be funny on the 18 hole about to putt for the win and game locks up:) then a big pic of tiger's head comes on the screen and just starts laughing at you.

sick tiger sick

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
yeah, this isn't new news; ea has been sucking ass for quite awhile. madden for the ps3, for a recent example. hell, any madden since '05 has been a complete disappointment. ea has just become another mega company that looks to cash in on their name and not the greatness of their titles. copy and paste is how i like to think of them.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
yeah, this isn't new news; ea has been sucking ass for quite awhile. madden for the ps3, for a recent example. hell, any madden since '05 has been a complete disappointment. ea has just become another mega company that looks to cash in on their name and not the greatness of their titles. copy and paste is how i like to think of them.

Madden 08 for the PS3 sucks, but it kicks ass on Xbox 360.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Sounds just like how Forza 2 got started.

Their general attitude of "get it close enough and throw it out there; the public will fix it" needs to go. Its like they don't even play the fuggin' games themselves and see that they suck ass and have issues.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Every game that I play on my 360 has some point in it where it freezes, or it says that it can not read disk. This is why, if I can help it and if they make the same game on the PS3 I buy the PS3 version instead. I have yet to have a lockup or glitch on the PS3.

-Jeff

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Got it for PS2. Im not too fond of it. I prefer 05 way more. We just play multiplayer on 08 though so no clue as to the single player part.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If they had GT-HD or GT-5 for PS3 I would have easily bought it instead. I'll probably dump my PS2 and 360 for a PS3 once they do so.

My hard drive for the 360 recently crashed; I lost about 50% of my gameplay for Forza...I called and actually got someone in the states on the warranty line and they did warranty the unit in a reasonable length of time.

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the TW '08 glitches. That's one of my favorites game franchises. Sounds like I shouldn't buy it anytime soon, though.

Users who are viewing this thread