Tiger Racing Hood

Grant808

Established Member
So busy crakin' my joke...that I forgot to say your paint job looks freakin' awesome. Now you need a new avatar pic of the car rolling. Post more 'posed' pictures too when you get a chance.

86Fbody

Established Member
I will be posting more pics tomorrow once I get the hood washed. I just installed my first set of hood pins, Aerocatch, and I would def suggest them to anyone who wants hood pins, but I would also caution anyone who wants to install them since they will cause you too lose a great deal of hair over the install. Thanks also for compliments. I was also going to post a how to on installing the pins for anyone who wants to install them in the future. I didn't take any pics while installing because of the frustration.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
I would like pointers for those since i plan to use them on mine once i get it next year.

86Fbody

Established Member
I would like pointers for those since i plan to use them on mine once i get it next year.

I am currently doing my write up, it may be a little vague on how to remove the bumper cover since I never actually removed it completely.

86Fbody

Established Member
Thanks. I still haven't been able to take pics of them installed and the little bit of modding that had to be done for the posts, still to come.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
This is still very much in progress (pic taken after clear had tacked, but checking the tape lines in the vents):

IMG_2671.jpg

Looke like it doesn't match in the photo, but its just the pearl refracting light at different angle than the fenders. It looks fantastic and I hope I get to bring it home soon.

whiplash306

Established Member
Just because it's a forum and everyone has their opinion, respectfully, that hood looks HORRIBLE! It's far too busy of a hood and detracts from the simplistic beauty of the rest of the car. This, like everyone else's, is just my opinion. Ultimately, it's your car and your taste.

LostPony

Established Member
I still think it looks great, but I'm thinking the white on the hood shouldn't have gone that far forward. I may do it a little different on mine if I end up doing this. Looking forward to the hood pin install.

On another note: Are you interested in doing any track days at a road course? I ask because I work at Summit Point Motorsports Park, and I'm always encouraging local, MD, VA, & WV guys to come out.

Check us out: Summit Point Motorsports Park

86Fbody

Established Member
I still think it looks great, but I'm thinking the white on the hood shouldn't have gone that far forward. I may do it a little different on mine if I end up doing this. Looking forward to the hood pin install.

On another note: Are you interested in doing any track days at a road course? I ask because I work at Summit Point Motorsports Park, and I'm always encouraging local, MD, VA, & WV guys to come out.

Check us out: Summit Point Motorsports Park

Yes I have gone 3 times so far, Shanendoah twice and Main once.

@whiplash306 It is a bit of a busy hood, you're right you are entitled to your own opinion. The thing that sold me on this hood was that it is used on the 302S and is actually functional.

whiplash306

Established Member
86Fbody said:
....@whiplash306 It is a bit of a busy hood, you're right you are entitled to your own opinion. The thing that sold me on this hood was that it is used on the 302S and is actually functional.
Man, I can totally appreciate the functionality of it! Absolutely!

I think that's the first time I've heard someone say they didn't like this hood.
Ha! I just like subtle vs overt and loud. I don't like one particular aspect of a car overwhelming the rest of the car. It's all about what I perceive as balance - just personal opinion really.

Users who are viewing this thread