Ticking....

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
So... I really didn't notice any ticking before my clutch went bad.... or before the exhaust swap.... but now.... there is something that I am not used to. What makes it worse is that my wife noticed it.

Work done in order....

Exhaust swap from Magna pacs to Spin techs.... didn't notice it then.

Hit the track and burnt the clutch.

So I took the chance to upgrade everything... to include the head cooling mod....

Spec 3 Clutch (26 spline)
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Lethal TOB retainer sleeve
Ford Racing TOB
Fiore adjuster
UPR Triple Hook
26 spline input shaft
LDC freeplay kit
Invictus Head cooling mod

The coming questions... Head work... none that I know of and this is an 03 without the head tick issue. No cam work either

Take a listen... and hypothesize...

th_VCLP0051.jpg

th_VCLP0050.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
Doesnt sound like much more than the injectors on top but definitely ticking underneath. Have you taken the midpipe off to see if its exhaust?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sounds like an exhaust leak, b/c you can hear down low only...couldn't hear much up top, but it's hard to say from just a video...I agree...start with the exhaust first...

DICobra

Established Member
sounds like mine too... the shop that i will have it fix soon said that i have an exhaust valve leak... they did a compression test and a leak down test on the driver side cylinder #7 and #8...i am worried now of driving my Cobra thinking i may damage some more... it runs great and no issues when it's running except the ticking sound that i am not happy...

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
sounds like mine too... the shop that i will have it fix soon said that i have an exhaust valve leak... they did a compression test and a leak down test on the driver side cylinder #7 and #8...i am worried now of driving my Cobra thinking i may damage some more... it runs great and no issues when it's running except the ticking sound that i am not happy...

This is what I am thinking.... just don't want to screw my car up.... seems like each year something happens and I am down most of the summer!

What I would like to do is get a major tune up.... test everything... change the plugs... clean everything up and leave it alone for the summer so I can enjoy it this year.

Users who are viewing this thread