Ticking Noise Video Inside - Thoughts?

03DontMach

Established Member
So I have a ticking coming from my engine that I was hearing from my car when I was driving around one day so I took it straight to my mechanic to get it checked out. They said there best guess is a wristpin going bad due to my car running low on oil... My fault - I know. Apparently is was dropping a little onto my belt little by little without me noticing and I wasn't checking oil on a weekly basis. Anyways.. I have a clip of the noise - It gets faster as I hit the gas. This is the best I could get for you - You can hear the tick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4OtPhI-20

It is the high pitching ticking noise - If you listen closely, you can hear it.

glittle75

Established Member
Did you watch the video?

Can you hear it in the video? I cant hear anything but you talking.

And why a video from behind the drivers side of the car instead of the engine?

Maybe try to make an underhood video without talking while the ticking is going on.

03DontMach

Established Member
Did you watch the video?

Can you hear it in the video? I cant hear anything but you talking.

And why a video from behind the drivers side of the car instead of the engine?

Maybe try to make an underhood video without talking while the ticking is going on.

Interesting - That is just a picture - Not where the video was taken. The sound recording was taken underneath the engine where the sound is the loudest. I just made a slideshow with a pic and added the sound file so that i could put it up on youtube. I can hear the ticking noise in the vid - I will see if I can edit it so you can hear it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread