Ticket not filled out completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Got pulled over at lunch today. Have to go to court for it, the officer marked down the speed but did not choose any of the boxes for how he came up with the number(ie radar, lidar). Officer was going the other direction, is there any reason to bring this up in court when I go to fight this?

THanks.

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
The fact that the ticket was not completely filled out, whether you signed it or not or even if it has some incorrect information on it does not matter.

My guess is you were speeding.... pay the ticket. What are you going to fight in court?

epracmetcon

Established Member
I am currently going to court for another major moving speeding ticket and this is another one that has a mandatory court date. Just looking at my options.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Just go to court and plead not guilty, say that you were not going that fast. If your lucky the cop will not be at court that day and they will just drop the ticket. If you are not lucky the judge will set up a trial for a later date when the cop is available.

I was just at court yesterday for 36mph over the posted limit on radar. I pleaded not guilty and the cop was not at court so they dropped the ticket.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
This one is for 39over and I am currently fighting a 46 over....I am as good as ****ed.

Lesson not learned huh? :nono: :nono: :nono:

epracmetcon

Established Member
twista said:
Lesson not learned huh? :nono: :nono: :nono:

I usually dont speed, both of these instances were me putting it down on a road that usually has no traffic or no LE, I made bad judgments both times....Shit happens, and no one on this board can tell me they have never put it down on a public street before. I just got caught....twice.

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
Hey, I am not being uptight, all I am saying is dont rip on me for something I know everyone does.

you are exactly right....you got caught....SLOW DOWN!!!!!:poke:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
Hey, I am not being uptight, all I am saying is dont rip on me for something I know everyone does.

Kind of a bold statement isn't it? so you have actually observed everyone else doing it? or do you have a crystal ball that you can sit at home and watch everyone else doing it?

If you don't want to be ripped on maybe posting on the web the fact that you were going 40 and 50 mph over the posted speed limit was not the best idea. EVERYBODY is not that stupid and you are unable to prove otherwise. so speak of what you know and don't lump everyone in your lack of maturity and judgement. I would bet that you were probably going more than that and the cop cut you a break on the speed. I would also bet money that you didn't tell the cop that you already had a 50 over ticket pending when you got stopped the 2nd time

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Go to court, man up, prosecutor/judge might take it easy on you, IF it's your first offense.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Common said:
Go to court, man up, prosecutor/judge might take it easy on you, IF it's your first offense.

Except that it in NOT his first ... his posts show one for 40 over then BEFORE that one was adjudicated he got one for 50 over ... they are not going to take kindly to two in a row like that

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
This one is for 39over and I am currently fighting a 46 over....I am as good as ****ed.

Glad to know you learned from your prior experiences!!

epracmetcon

Established Member
RDJ said:
Kind of a bold statement isn't it? so you have actually observed everyone else doing it? or do you have a crystal ball that you can sit at home and watch everyone else doing it?

OK, let me rephrase this, 99% of people with a performance oriented vehicle has put it down on the street. EVERYONE I know that has a car with some power to it, even the ones that are 100% anti street racing and all that jazz, I have seen the put it down on the street and do some pretty stupid shit. Like I said, I do not go around doing 100mph down every street. First one was me testing out the N20 kit on the car...2nd was me just blowing off some steam, both on roads that very rarely have traffic or LE on. I never said that it was a smart idea to do this and I never asked for your opinion either.

RDJ said:
I would bet that you were probably going more than that and the cop cut you a break on the speed. I would also bet money that you didn't tell the cop that you already had a 50 over ticket pending when you got stopped the 2nd time

How much would you like to bet on these items? I am a gambling man. First off yea, he may have got me at 91 and I was doing 92 OMG, the speedo was moving real fast both times so I dont know, but they were close both times. SECOND, he did know that I had a 46 over because they took my license as bond so I am currently driving on a ticket.
*edited by moderator - if you dont want public opinions, then do not post on a public forum*

dogmush

Established Member
Answer to your question: If you bring it up, they can just amend it so it shouldn't matter

Unasked for Moral stand: You did it, pay for it, and yes it's gonna suck bad.

Unasked for advice: Next time go here;-)

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
*edited by moderator - if you dont want public opinions, then do not post on a public forum*

You don't want my opinion? Don't post on the interweb, OR put "LEOs ONLY" in the subject line of your post. rules of the forum are clearly stated and I have been held to account at least once.

I have already stated my opinion let me take it one step further .. what really gets me is that you do something like this and then come onto the interweb trying to get help is weasling out of the consequenses. Stand up and be a man instead of trying to get out of it on a hoped for technicality

Common

Established Member
RDJ said:
Except that it in NOT his first ... his posts show one for 40 over then BEFORE that one was adjudicated he got one for 50 over ... they are not going to take kindly to two in a row like that

Ehh, he is screewed then, rightfully so.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
epracmetcon said:

This is honestly the first time I've been in this forum! Now I know why. There are some true idiots in the smackdown forum but this by far is the dumbest thing I've seen on svtperformance. Let me rephrase what you're asking like we're reading it and you'll understand.

UUUHHHHH I like got a ticket for 46mph over the speed limit and I was like uuhh totally dumb/young enough to go out and do it again. No seriously though I really like learned my lesson and was only doing 39 over this time.
DDDDooo you think you can help me get out of this one so it doesn't cost me thousands in attorney fees?

Here's my answer for you! ":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: " You have no idea how many times I've done burnouts and haven't gotten caught but you my friend can't pick a good spot! Oh yeah if I get a ticket I'll man up because believe me I deserve it as I've never gotten a ticket and I'm 35yrs old!

Do us a favor sell your car and save some lives!

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
posi said:
This is honestly the first time I've been in this forum!

First time???

Come on.

You know that can't be true.

You have posted in the Donut Shop of three prior occasions:

"Are we screwed" thread on 03-20-07
"Check out this story" thread on 04-13-07
"Violent homeless guy" thread on 08-17-07

:rolleyes:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks FordSVTFan for pointing that out. Yeah but it's rare and I really couldn't remember that I did!:lol: I guess I'll admit evidentally I've been in here 5 times total now.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread