ticket for no front license plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

txyaloo

Established Member
Removed by Moderator: Dont post here if you cant follow the rules. Derogatory comments about L.E. is not permitted.

From my experience, Texas DPS enforces the no front plate law probably more than any local agency in the state. I've been caught in the past for it. Typically, if you fix the violation, the judge will dismiss the ticket. That means mount the plate, take a picture of it for the judge, show up to court and let them know you corrected the violation.

Where the plate has to be mounted has been discussed on here several times. The law officially says at the "front" of the vehicle, but the "front" hasn't been defined. Because of this, quite a few people get away from permanently mounting it by placing the plate either on their dash or on the back of the sun visor. It just has to be clearly visible from the front of the car. I'd say mount it with velcro to the bumper, take a picture, and then attach it to your passenger visor for the future.

Ericg347

03 Cobra
Established Member
removed by moderator: Dont post here if you cant follow the rules. Derogatory comments about L.E. is not permitted.

I got this same ticket about a year ago and had it dismissed by putting the plate on my dash and holding it up with suction cups took the picture to court and that was it no problems. I have since taken the plate off and have been stopped several times and the cops havent said anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread