Ticket for blue lights

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
So I got a ticket for blue lights. It's a $202 pain in my ass. What happens if I just pay the ticket and don't change them? Just chance getting another ticket?
Was hoping it was gonna be a fix it ticket, but of course not.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha was this on your new truck???

I wager if you don't take them off and get another ticket you may wind up in a bit more trouble if the first one pops when they check.

I would also wager that if you take them off and go to court you stand a decent chance of getting it dismissed or reduced. it is worth a shot.

How you doing back in the states??

BigSweezey

Established Member
Why do you have blue lights on your truck?

They came with the truck(just bought it about a month ago). They are the lights around the headlights(little side marker and the turn signal). They are blue because they match the HID's...kinda assume this is why they went with the blue ones.

And RDJ, good man. Cobra having some issues, going to the shop monday. But good to go otherwise.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
They came with the truck(just bought it about a month ago). They are the lights around the headlights(little side marker and the turn signal). They are blue because they match the HID's...kinda assume this is why they went with the blue ones.

And RDJ, good man. Cobra having some issues, going to the shop monday. But good to go otherwise.

Oh, so they arent blue flashing lights. They are the lights with a blue hue to them?

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I'm guessing he's talking about Blue corners. Where they are originally orange on the car. From my experience you cant really pay the ticket, until it gets signed off by an officer who has to actually look at the vehicle. I got a similar ticket for having tail light tint. Except the cop took my word for it and didn't even look at my car. (But I removed the tints anyways.)

If you got pulled over for it once. Then chances are, you're going to get pulled over for it again. And this will keep happening until you fix it. So in the long run you spend more money on tickets for this, than just fixing the problem. Definitely not worth the hassle.

BigSweezey

Established Member
Oh, so they arent blue flashing lights. They are the lights with a blue hue to them?

Not flashing but they are blue.
blues.gif

Bad quality pic, they aren't nearly that bright. They look about the same as a 8k HID.
If I take a pic with the headlights on, it just washes them out and you can't see them.

I'm guessing he's talking about Blue corners. Where they are originally orange on the car. From my experience you cant really pay the ticket, until it gets signed off by an officer who has to actually look at the vehicle. I got a similar ticket for having tail light tint. Except the cop took my word for it and didn't even look at my car. (But I removed the tints anyways.)

If you got pulled over for it once. Then chances are, you're going to get pulled over for it again. And this will keep happening until you fix it. So in the long run you spend more money on tickets for this, than just fixing the problem. Definitely not worth the hassle.

I thought it was gonna be a fix it ticket too. Until I called up to get the details...they just told me it was 202 bucks.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I thought it was gonna be a fix it ticket too. Until I called up to get the details...they just told me it was 202 bucks.

They told me mine wasn't a fix it ticket either. I ended up spending nearly $320 for mine. It is complete bs, but there really isn't anything you can do about it.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
They told me mine wasn't a fix it ticket either. I ended up spending nearly $320 for mine. It is complete bs, but there really isn't anything you can do about it.

Side Note: I don't know how the GA law is written but if it's like WI you may put your truck at risk of being towed. I know in Wisconsin most of the equipment laws says may not be operated, so there is the potential to tow the car for the violation, but most just issue a ticket. If the ticket is not getting the point across, well......

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Side Note: I don't know how the GA law is written but if it's like WI you may put your truck at risk of being towed. I know in Wisconsin most of the equipment laws says may not be operated, so there is the potential to tow the car for the violation, but most just issue a ticket. If the ticket is not getting the point across, well......

That reminds me. When I got my ticket. The officer asked where I was going, then suggested that I go straight home, and not drive my car til I get the problems fixed. And that if I get pulled over again My car can possibly get towed there on the spot.

Chuckie B

Established Member
i got pulled over for having blue turn signals in my durango...he ended up writing me a different ticket but thats what gave him the excuse to pull me over..i left them in and never got bothered again but thats up 2 you

aloo1

Established Member
when i got my taillight tint and window tint tickets i got them fixed and took proof to court. judge just asked if i had them fixed and i said yes. I bought the car from a different state and it had that stuff done to it already. so after i told him it was changed he said okay and suspended my fines. so i got off free but if i had lied about it and got the fines suspended and then got more tickets for the same thing i would have then been completely screwed. so i'd fix it and then go to court and chances are in my experience they will drop it. just say you recently bought it and it was like that when you got it and didn't know it was illegal. I didn't know tail light tint was illegal or that my windows were too dark and i probably would never have given the blue lights a second thought either...
good luck,
alan

Users who are viewing this thread