Tick fixed , er maybe. (PIC)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Southgate Ford had my car since Tuesday morning and finally got it back to me today. The service manager called me today and said they performed the procedure to SVT hotline specs (10nm or 89 in/lbs retorque) and she said she still heard tick. She was persuing SVT rep for more ideas. I was bummed it was still ticking (according to her) and went to pick it up for tomorrows Dream cruise.

Guess what, no tick. No tick near a flat wall hot or cold, no tick in my garage, no tick with my head damn near in between the motor and fender.

No valve train tick anyway. Plenty of injector tick (very different, softer sound) but nothing from the left rear of the engine topside or lower side. There is a tick coming from under the left front cat area now but sounds pretty faint. It is lots better than before.

Go to this link if any of you want to read the service report details. Print it out to beat up reluctant service managers with. Click the pic to make it large and legible.

I put the silencer and paper filter back on just to avoid hassles when I took it in, car feels very little different than with no sil and K&N. Maybe it was driving that damned SABLE rent-a-turd all week that make it feel strong. Going to 380RWHP from 120FWHP is a shock to the system.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
I glad they fixed it for you. There's another thread where the tick came back after the retorquing.

Did they say anything about your SFC's or hood blanket?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
...snip...
Did they say anything about your SFC's or hood blanket?

Nope, didn't mention them. I also have my pulley cover off. They might just be alright. Wonder what they will say when SVT gets back to them with a new "fix" and my full Bassani system is on there?

:shrug:

Terminator03

banned
It usually depend how cool you are with the dealership. My family has probably gotten a total of like 20 cars from SouthGate. I think i strolled in their with my full exhaust and nitrous on my 99 cobra vert for the power recall. They didnt say anything. But then again a recall can be different from a blown up motor. Good to hear the news postban. I too got mine from southgate and think i hear a tick but its really not loud, i dont know if it is the injectors. I have to like stick my head in the wheel well to hear it. And i got the pully going on soon so if it is a problem ill say f it and have livernoise retorque them for me.

Users who are viewing this thread