Tial MV-R 44mm flange?? Came with steel..

FiveSlow

Established Member
So I got my wastegate and right away noticed the weight of the flange..turns out it's stainless steel. I'm getting this welded next week and last time I checked you can't weld steel to aluminum...or can you?! I need to know so I can order the correct flange first thing in the morning

Lastly those who have this setup where did you get the little fitting to tap into the charge pipe for the vacuum line? This is turning out to be a headache but I'm aiming to be done by next week. Thanks!

FiveSlow

Established Member
need a aluminum flange if you are welding it to a aluminum pipe.

Looks like I'll have to give tial a call then. I can't find any info on an aluminum flange for this. I've never heard of anyone on here having an issue yet a lot of people run this gate. Weird.:??:

20lbbooster

Established Member
The flange is stainless because your hot side piping shouldn't be aluminum should it? The wastegate should me mounted somewhere near the exhaust collector and you wouldn't want that to be aluminum.

also, why are you tapping your charge pipe for vacuum? Does your turbo have a nipple on the discharge for the vacuum source to the gate?

Last edited:

Slowb00st

Established Member
The flange is stainless because your hot side piping shouldn't be aluminum should it? The wastegate should me mounted somewhere near the exhaust collector and you wouldn't want that to be aluminum.

also, why are you tapping your charge pipe for vacuum? Does your turbo have a nipple on the discharge for the vacuum source to the gate?

sounds like he is usimg it for a centry.

To the OP
http://www.sytyperformance.com/inde...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

FiveSlow

Established Member
Yeah I'm running a Novi 2200sl blower. This along with a smaller pulley will ramp on the boost much much faster. I get ~5psi off the hit and it spins to about 10psi right when I'm shifting. This setup will get 9-10psi off the hit and hold it throughout the pull. I just wasn't aware that I had to tap my charge pipe for an extra line. This is all new to me so I'm learning as I go. It's just taking me extra time to get it back together. The hardest part is finding a local welder who does aluminum lol luckily I have a buddy who can probably get it done no charge and he does good work. I might get off lucky!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yeah I'm running a Novi 2200sl blower. This along with a smaller pulley will ramp on the boost much much faster. I get ~5psi off the hit and it spins to about 10psi right when I'm shifting. This setup will get 9-10psi off the hit and hold it throughout the pull. I just wasn't aware that I had to tap my charge pipe for an extra line. This is all new to me so I'm learning as I go. It's just taking me extra time to get it back together. The hardest part is finding a local welder who does aluminum lol luckily I have a buddy who can probably get it done no charge and he does good work. I might get off lucky!
How much are you going to have into making this? The setup for beefcake is only like 600$.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Wastegate $370 brand new. Pulley $61 brand new. Gates HD belt $31. Wastegate flange $50 (wasn't intending having to buy this) selling the SS flanges that came with for about $40 so that will recoup most of it. I'm at about $470 for the setup with a buddy helping on the welding. Beefs deal isn't half bad for those that can't get free legit welding done. He double welds it which is bomb proof..but the $130 I saved, I bought a Tial 50mm bov which was $260 so that cut the cost in half basically for my bov.

DTL

Established Member
Race Proven Motors makes an aluminum flange, just for this type of application. That's where I got mine from.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Race Proven Motors makes an aluminum flange, just for this type of application. That's where I got mine from.

Yeah thats where I ordered mine from yesterday. How do you like the setup? What are you running?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
good deal, fyi, my setup comes with an aluminum flange already double wall welded, and I give you a $50 core on your pipe :)

Users who are viewing this thread