Thursday Atco Results, No new bests.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Just thought I'd post up some atco results from thursday. Don't have the slips on me right now but I will grab them tommorow.

Only change from setup early this year was going to a narrower slick 27x9 due to m&h being out of a stock of 27x10's. The 27x9 fits the wheel much better since I run an 8" wheel, so it seems like a good tire so far.

The track on Thursday was very good considering it got down to around 37 degrees..very chilly but the air seemed pretty good. It was tough standing out their after that vette oiled down the track. After my first pass the car sat for 15 minutes then was pretty much lapped after that. I didn't have my fans or generator so I was happy with the results.

First Pass:
1.54 60' spun a little, Missed 3rd..jammed it in, car swayed like a piece of junk and I lifted at the 1,000 and cruised through. 11.6 at 104 I believe.

Second Pass:
1.50 60' felt like a dead hook probably could have taken more, track was coming around. 10.93/125.86 7.004 1/8 at 98.xx 2-3 shift could have been better but it was ok.

Third Pass:
Missed Third again, I suck. 1.54 60'

Fourth Pass:
No cool down right back in the lanes, temp guage full temp. 1.54 60', 10.94/125.8 7.0xx 1/8 at 98.xx I hit the 2-3 like I wanted and the car felt great considering it was full temp. I figured an 11.0 pass but it broke into the 10's, was very suprised.

All In all Im finally figuring out what tire pressure works best, seems like 12.5 is best but I kept it around 13 later in the night just to play it safe in the dark.

I would like to beat my 10.88 this year, looks like I have a few more weeks to do it but we will see. I will probably run atco into december because they know how to keep a track hooking in the cold even at night.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome job man. Send me a pm next time you go to either Atco, Island, or Etown id like to go out with other people in my league lol. I dont think i know one cobra owner in my area to even break the 11.2o barrier.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Awesome job man. Send me a pm next time you go to either Atco, Island, or Etown id like to go out with other people in my league lol. I dont think i know one cobra owner in my area to even break the 11.2o barrier.

Ill probably go to Island on saturday. Ill shoot you a pm if I go.

Users who are viewing this thread