Thunderbird VS. .....

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
As hard as this is to believe, it was a guy in a busted ass minivan. I pull up to a stoplight and was just sitting there, when all the sudden, the van starts revving its engine!! I couldn't believe this, as he then rolls down the window and says:

"Wanna Race??"

Light turns green, he FLOORS it (front tires screech), I immediately do so myself and instantly put 1 to 1 and 1/2 cars by the next red light. I thought it was over, but he screeches tires AGAIN!!

We get up to the NEXT light, I turn my O/D off and get ready for the next round. Light turns green, I hit it and he hit it, and this time he is even with until 15 MPH then I put a car on it and he slowed down and turned off. Him and his g/f did wave at me though, and of course I waved back..

Just wanted some good fun, I know I sure as hell did!! Never thought a van would want a piece. I know, boring kill, but I had fun :)

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
have you ever read about that guy that has a turbo caravan pushin like 400hp or something? crazy sleeper, its like a late 80s van too.. ill try to find the link.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by c0dy
have you ever read about that guy that has a turbo caravan pushin like 400hp or something? crazy sleeper, its like a late 80s van too.. ill try to find the link.

Actually I've seen it, runs like 12s.. Pretty insane, has a big soccer ball decal :)

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by SERprise SVT
You're referring to Turbo Gus (God rest his soul...he passed away a year or two ago).

Here's the website for turbo minivan mayhem: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/friends_gus_m.html

I was thinking of a different van, but that one sure as hell hauls!!! So does that Acclaim!

This van that I saw went against a Camaro SS (or maybe Z28) at the strip and completely demolishes it.

Really a shame he passed away :(

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
If someone in a minivan wants to run me, i'd be more than willing to embarass them as well. They asked for it :)

Good kill. I got ragged on for my jeep cherokee kill but he wanted some and he got it

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
Your T-bird is slow!

I know man :( Quit being honest! :D

Once I get a Part-Time job (in college) I'll be able to add a few more things on that will help that out. I can't even chirp the tires that hard like I used to because of the new rims / better tire.

My first plan is to get it lowered, then PI Intake, Shift kit, and probably CompCams/Chip/Springs a year from now.

That should help :)

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
If I get one, it'll be with the 4.6. I'm not big on the 5.4's. I want the best MPG as possible and I don't have anything big to tow, so the 4.6 would be enough. Maybe they'll put the 300hp 3V 4.6 in the 06's.

Users who are viewing this thread