Thunderbird: The DD

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
So with CA being lame and the Mustang not running super well with all the stock stuff back on it, I sold my bike and picked up a cheap DD T-bird off of my co-worker. 1993, 135,000 miles, 3.8, auto. Lowered on Eibach springs. Other than that and the wheels, it's bone stock. She rides very nicely I have to say. Huge difference from the Mustang. So much quieter! Picked it up for $1200. Can't go wrong! It's in great shape and has a lot of features. Only thing that doesn't work is the driver's side power seatbelt thing.

T-Bird001.jpg

T-Bird002.jpg

T-Bird007.jpg

T-Bird006.jpg

T-Bird003.jpg

T-Bird004.jpg

T-Bird005.jpg

It has all the features apparently. There's a switch for the power antenna to move it up and down, has a oil change reminder with the thing to tell you when the fluids are low and a six disc cd changer in the back. Overall, it's a pretty nice DD. Definately a cruiser because it's slower than shit!

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
My dad just got the same car, only it has 25K on it. The darn thing blew a head gasket before he even put 100 miles on the car. It is now in my garage waiting for me to replace the gaskets. It is a pain in the ass working under the hood of this car.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
That's right. I'll be signing up over on Tccoa soon. Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah the heads were replaced on this car at 100,000 miles. As I was cleaning the engine, I was poking around in there and it definately looks like it'd be a pain to replace stuff on this engine. Plugs look like fun...

The Mach is already supercharged. I think that's enough for me. ;)

Thanks BTW!

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Just thought i would throw the blower option out there lol. They still get good mpg's..well decent and the trq they make is pretty fun. Plugs are a pain as are heads...even worse on the supercharged cars lol. Sometimes i do miss my cam'ed,nitroused, 12lbs of boost ,5spd,built rear diff wit 3.73's super coupe lol

Last edited:

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
It's an aftermarket cd changer. I believe he said it's in the trunk. I haven't looked since I have a tape adapter for my ipod. :D

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
It's an aftermarket cd changer. I believe he said it's in the trunk. I haven't looked since I have a tape adapter for my ipod. :D

My X girl had a factory 6 disc in the trunk of her 97 Thunderbird.

****in whore.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
:eek: :eek:

Any pics/vids of said beast from hell?

Sadly not on this computer. Just picked up a new one last week and my old HP wont accept the windows 7 transfer files crap..and the hp wont stay turned on long enough to make a copy of it. It was only running a 35 shot and i didnt dare spray it from a dead launch. It had a FRPP aluminum center section out back with carblon fiber clutches in a 01 cobra carrier with the 3.73's..it actually worked to well...on sticky tires wheel hop was pretty massive. Never took it to track for fear of breaking a stock axle but roll racing was VERY fun. Suprised a few local C5's

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
just watch those headgaskets. they'll go, at some point or another.

and idk about throwing an m90 on an n/a 3.8, pretty much for the above reason lol. nice car though

Users who are viewing this thread