Thud coming from front suspension...?

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
This is the second 03 Cobra I've had that has done this. Both started to do it around the 40k+ miles mark.

I will hear a ...thud thud thud etc... sound in the front suspension at about the ~23mph mark as the car slows down. It's a repetitive thud if the car stays at that certain speed. When I press the brake (lightly or hard) I can feel it in the pedal, kind of like an "early ABS" and it rattles my dash at the same rate as the thud sound. It doesn't do this under acceleration, only when the car slows down. If say I go 30mph, it won't do it, if I let off the gas once it gets to ~23mph it will thud and stop near 10mph.

Sorry it's kind of hard to describe. Hope some of you have experienced this and know what it could possibly be. Struts? Alignment? Brake fluid? ABS sensor malfunction? Front suspension is completely stock minus H&R springs.

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
mine has a kinda roar around there but not a thud. starts and stops around that speed. only when slowing down, whether on the brakes or not. can't feel it in the pedal though.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Yeah mine sends a small vibration through the floorboard, dash, and brake pedal. I have no idea what it could be. I'm searching like a mofo trying to find some info...

Users who are viewing this thread