THSCC/TZC May 28-29 VIR "Playing Hooky"

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
You typically cannot simply show up and run, however, I am not saying that is not possible. You will need to have your car mechanically inspected by a third party (ie, a mechanic somewhere) and a mechanical inspection form completed prior to arriving at the event. There are a few shop owners that track with us, but they are typically instructors and do not have time to perform inspections at an event.

You can arrive and drive on the wet skidpad for $40 (don't hold me to that price, but I think that is correct) for one day or $50 for both. Run it as many times as you want... and it can be as educational or as fun as you desire.

Registration is via www.motorsportsreg.com, but I will send you a PM with Stacy's email address. You can shoot him a message and let him know the situation. He may be able to work something out.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/1D747492-FBD7-A549-CD14C33300B0CE44

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Our trek has begun. Will be running Saturday and Sunday at Mid-Ohio then off to VIR for Wednesday and Thursday. We are the 4 cheeseheads from Wisconsin and 1 cheater pants from Chicago.

Hope the weather is dry :thumbsup:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
We'll be arriving Monday evening, and hopefully we won't need Tuesday for
anything other than a few :beer::beer::beer:

We snapped up one of those trackside suites, how cool to not have to head back to the hotel :thumbsup:

brkntrxn

Established Member
Holy crap! I just looked through the registration list and there are 19 Mustangs in attendance. That is an all time high with the club. There are also 19 Corvettes, so there should be plenty of stories for the internet.

Dave with the Ultima GTR will not be in attendance. He is typically the fastest on the track and in the Time Trials. After him, there is usually a fully-prepped BMW that is mere tenths off Dave's lap times.

I expect a bit of education from some of you. From looking at the run groups you all are in, there appears to be a bit a talent in attendance.

For the instructors (David, Dean and Bruce), I will give you a case of beer for every time you pass the #76 T1 Vette at speed. And another case if you hang him the bird while doing it. LOL, Kent is a previous instructor of mine and an overall great guy that loves to stir the Ford-Chevy pot.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For the instructors (David, Dean and Bruce), I will give you a case of beer for every time you pass the #76 T1 Vette at speed. And another case if you hang him the bird while doing it. LOL, Kent is a previous instructor of mine and an overall great guy that loves to stir the Ford-Chevy pot.

You may have forgotten that I'm bringing the "pleasantly plump" GT500, affectionately named Scarlett for appropriate reasons! ;-)

I'll be lucky to pass some stock Z06's with this sow!!! :cryying:

T1 Vette with a "Driver"?!?! Forget it! With my R, I'd have a chance! :pepper:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member

:D:D I can feel the love!!!:banana:

Only a few more days!!!

brkntrxn

Established Member
Hey, it was great to meet everyone this week. Thanks to everyone for making the long haul to play at VIR with us! You have some amazingly fast cars and with a corral full of great drivers. Thanks for keeping it safe and adding a bit of Ford excitement to our event.

I have a couple of very short vids from Red Group that I took with my cell phone. If I can figure out how to pull them out, I will post them up.

Have fun with the SVTCMC tomorrow.

Kevin

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Hey, it was great to meet everyone this week. Thanks to everyone for making the long haul to play at VIR with us! You have some amazingly fast cars and with a corral full of great drivers. Thanks for keeping it safe and adding a bit of Ford excitement to our event.

I have a couple of very short vids from Red Group that I took with my cell phone. If I can figure out how to pull them out, I will post them up.

Have fun with the SVTCMC tomorrow.

Kevin

Kevin:
Thanks so much for the hospitality :thumbsup: Our group from Wisconsin had a fantastic time running your home track. Everyone was so friendly and the THSCC/TZC is a "top notch" organization!

It was really great to meet you and the Brian's :beer::beer::beer:
Now maybe we can show you some Northern Hospitality :)

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/index.php?page_id=36&event_number=17

Sloe Truk

Established Member
Hey guys it was great meeting all of you, Kind of makes me miss my L on the track. Thanks for the beer and the hospitality.

Bryan (350Z)

brkntrxn

Established Member
Holy cow, it is B! So, I am thinking we need to plan a trip to the Midwest in 2009. My accountant even thinks it would be a good idea.

Clay,

Thanks for the accolades of our organization. When F&S posts up their pics, I will pass along the link. I took a few pics and vids on my phone, but they are not worthy of posting.

Sloe Truk

Established Member
Yeah yeah, the prodigal son returns, LOL.

Well the camera in my car is too low to really get any good video off of it, you kind of feel like you are 10 years old again adn can't se over the dash. I'll remount it for the next time though.

I'll be at Hallet the first weekend of September for midwest Z fest,I'll be instructing there (I think), although it might be nice to go to the track and just drive for a change.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
This was a great event. It really made the long ass drive to VIR worth it!

Doug and Kevin, it was nice to finally meet both of you. :beer: Sorry I was a little busy. :(

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Great event, great track, and a great group of guys.:banana::rockon::thumbsup:

It was nice meeting a lot of you and having a few :beer::beer:

Now you southern'rs need to come up north der aye and experience some Northern hospitality at Road America :poke:.

Dar

wheelhopper

Established Member
This was a great event. It really made the long ass drive to VIR worth it!

Doug and Kevin, it was nice to finally meet both of you. :beer: Sorry I was a little busy. :(

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

I agree. It was a great time. Good meeting you as well. Once the economies of scale meet and my income catches up with the price of gas I plan on hitting some tracks out west. Maybe I'll see you there.

I did find a casualty from the trip. Upon cleaning the car I discovered an L shaped crack on my windshield that followed the lines of the shaded area above the rear view mirror. Looks like that rocky paddock left a scar.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Well I finally got back late last night......

2 days of VIR followed by 2 days at Watkins Glen, what a way to start the summer!!!

A very uneventful trip (thankfully!).

It was good to meet many of you but I think there were even more that I didn't meet.

Anyone get some pictures of my off track excursion on Saturday?

One thing I learned from this trip is that 320rwhp doesn't cut it anymore......

svtbrakes

Definitely a great track event, except for the whole black flag situation :shrug:

Too bad I couldn't make it to the SVT event the following days.

My co-driver was having fun with the GT500 hehe, apparently 275 whp ain't that bad!

(2002 WRX)

-G

Users who are viewing this thread