throwout bearing with king cobra clutch kit from UPR doesn't look like OEM ford...

paradigm

Established Member
I purchased a King Cobra "economy" clutch kit from UPR about 2 summers ago and I am finally getting around to installing.

UPR said the throwout bearing included in the kit is supposed to be part # D9ZZ-7548-A however there is no Ford logo etched into it or any part number. I am worried that it is some aftermarket junk throwout bearing.

laddanator

Established Member
I wouldn't put anything but a Ford racing throw out bearing in it. If your not sure if it's a real Ford bearing, order one from American Muscle and you will know for sure. Too much work to pull transmission back out over a questable TOB.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Before you put that in.... I have one in my 97 cobra. It's the biggest piece of junk ever, and I'm referring to the whole clutch kit. It's not holding up to my basically stock power AT ALL.

I wish I had kept my exedy mach 350. It was a very nice clutch kit.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Before you put that in.... I have one in my 97 cobra. It's the biggest piece of junk ever, and I'm referring to the whole clutch kit. It's not holding up to my basically stock power AT ALL.

I wish I had kept my exedy mach 350. It was a very nice clutch kit.

That is very weird as there are guys pushing 500rwhp with this clutch. I've never heard of a complaint and it is one of the best clutches you can put in a mild boost street/strip car.

froush

Established Member
Thats weird. I got mjne from upr last year and it clearly says valeo and even the box has it. The valeo king cobra stage 2 from upr has held up fine for me. I have a dyno sheet that says 580/571 but i ran out of fuel due to a leak at 5500 rpms. But yes, get a real frpp tob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread