Throwout bearing clutch noise cured

Blue Magic

Established Member
Just got my car back after 8 days at dealer. Had a t.o bearing/clutch noise. Would rattle at idle then go away when you pushed the clutch in.Service adviser and tech thought it was pressure plate. Tech tore it down and found flywheel coming apart! also damaged clutch slave cyl. So they replaced everything,clutch disc,pressure plate,to.bearing,flywheel etc. Said parts were defective from the factory. Wow!, what a difference! Also had ecu flashed,no more surging.:burnout:

Street Racer

Established Member
Hey thats great news. I am having that same problem, my clutch rattles untill i push in the clutch! I have been meaning to take it in to get it fixed, I just keep putting it off because I dont want to be without my car. I know I get a loaner but its still not MY car! But I should get it fixed before it causes more problems! Anyway, Im glad they got your car fixed! Im assuming it was covered under the warranty? :beer:

Blue Magic

Established Member
Yep all was warranty!! I recommend you do it "Street Racer" before that flywheel"Go's" But hopefully you won't get a 4door green focus loaner that reeks like a smoking convention like I did! By the way,mines a Sonic Blue too!Do you have the HID lights? I love mine! :coolman:

Street Racer

Established Member
Sonic Blue is an awesome color! I ordered mine in January of 2003 and took delivery in April 2003. No unfortunatly the HID's are the only option I didnt get. :bash: I should have got them, but I was taking a loss on trading in my 00' V6 stang. I figured I would save a couple bucks on the payment, since they were adding my loss to the loan. My credit is not the best and I am paying more for the car than I should be, but I love the car so its worth it! :beer: So I am going to get a set of Super White bulbs for the headlights and foglights. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread