Throwing codes for to lean on both sides.. what to do?

95cobby

Established Member
Check engine light came on yesterday with a to lean on 1 and i just cleared it. Today it came on again with the codes to lean on 1 and 2. What is causing this to happen? Truck is all stock except for ftvb and the other parts I havent even put on yet. Could the maf of gone bad? I did just spray it to clean it the other day. Let me know if you guys have any idea what the problem is!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Did you spray it to clean it before the first code was thrown?

If so, I'd start looking there.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
check all your vacuum lines to the intake elbow (3), make sure you elbow is sealed and connected well to the MAF and the TB.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
I just got done with this. PM me if you hit a wall and cant figure it out.

95cobby

Established Member
13 Z said:
I just got done with this. PM me if you hit a wall and cant figure it out.

Just tell me anyways!!

Skrapmetal said:
Did you spray it to clean it before the first code was thrown?

If so, I'd start looking there.

Yea sprayed it like last week when searching for a diff prob.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Check the vacuum line that goes over the EGR tube on the drivers side, they get melted sometimes. Hopefully it isn't the tube that goes behind the s/c.

SVT99RED

Established Member
I had my o2 sensor go bad that threw lean bank one, but since you have both going lean its probably a vac line. but if all else fails replace one and see if that side stops throwing the code. Oh its the front o2's, atleast on mine it was.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
mine was the tube that went behind the SC. If both banks are lean, I bet its that line. It wasn't that hard to fix, but the part was 40-something bucks. Good luck

funair02

Established Member
13 Z said:
mine was the tube that went behind the SC. If both banks are lean, I bet its that line. It wasn't that hard to fix, but the part was 40-something bucks. Good luck
I was wondering something and maybe someone can clear this up

I replaced the hose myself, but after thinking that is an emmissions part -- so shouldnt that be covered by the 80k mile emmission warranty - sort of like a cat. convertor...

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
funair02 said:
I was wondering something and maybe someone can clear this up

I replaced the hose myself, but after thinking that is an emmissions part -- so shouldnt that be covered by the 80k mile emmission warranty - sort of like a cat. convertor...

I have no clue.:??: I never even considered it, to tell you the truth.

95cobby

Established Member
Been driving it around all day and the check engine light hasnt come back on yet. If it does I'll have to check that hose. What's the part number on it?

1bad03snake