Throttle issues

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I bought a 2013 Shelby GT500 a couple of months ago. So a couple of weeks ago, I installed a metco 2.4 upper pulley, twin 65 mm Cobra Jet, and a lethal off-road H pipe. Well I took it to the dyno to get tuned and for some reason the throttle body will not open up all the way under wide open throttle. We tried several attempts to tune it but it still would not respond. So my tuner suggested that it may be the throttle body. So I took the throttle body off and I put the stock throttle body back on it. Well for some reason it is still doing the same thing. The ECT angle on the data log shows it opening ro 34 degrees. If the car is not running and the key is on, the throttle body will open to 82 degrees. I have no clue as anyone else run into this problem? Thanks Brothers.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Have you tried flashing back to the stock tune and see how it responds? If it operates normally on stock tune (both he 65 and stock tb) its the new tune. If it doesn't, verify that the TB is installed correctly and that the bolts are torqued to spec, 89 in-lbs

RBB

Established Member
It’s odd that your stocker would act the same way when you know it was in perfect working order before the swap. Pretty much points the finger at your tuner. Who’s doing the tune?

Willie

Established Member
....So I took the throttle body off and I put the stock throttle body back on it. Well for some reason it is still doing the same thing....

Did to flash back to the prior tune when you did this, or run the stock TB with the modified tune? If the answer is "B", have your tuner disable CIB in Drive-by-Wire.

Users who are viewing this thread