Throttle cable HELP!!

mack83

Established Member
Well my cars been on jack stands unused for the last 3 months due to some upgrades over the winter. I've had the blower sent off to Posi so everythings been disconnected since roughly Jan 15. Today I continue with slowly putting things back together and notice that there is about an inch and half of play in my throttle cable all of a sudden! I've checked on the pedal and on the throttle body and there seems to be no sort of adjustment.

Is there any reason why this has happened and what can I do to fix it???? Help please! :??:

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Did you connect it and go in the car and test it? I thought the same thing once the first time I had to remove the blower. Thought maybe I had the cabling wrong and spent about 10 miutes scratching my head. Went in the car and pressed the gas pedal to find it was just fine. Turns out there is a normal amount of play in the cable. It's not a tight fit.

RoadRash

Established Member
I have mine setup that way. About 1/4" of tube and it takes out the slack and lifts the pedal a bit. Cut the tube lengthwise and wrap it over itself and put a clamp on it. Works for me.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Pretty sure mine had this same issue. Just take the bracket on top of the Eaton and bend it towards the drivers side and it should take up the slack. I just put something on it and pushed until it bent enough. On mine I left it bolted up on the blower and did it on the car. It was doing the same thing as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread