throttle body

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
solidsnakesvt said:
I know they are the same size. It is not for more power. I have an aftermarket one on the car and sometimes it acts funny.
Explain what you mean by acts funny and also which aftermarket throttle body do you have?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Hang up as in blades getting stuck or just the idle staying high?

Set the tps at .96-.98, not the .99 that most dealers will say, it should help.

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
Actually it will hang around 1200 until I blip the throttle. I haven't checked the tps yet. It only does it after I have been driving it for about 45 minutes and only on really hot days. Kinda like the butterflys are expanding a little bit and sticking.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
solidsnakesvt said:
Actually it will hang around 1200 until I blip the throttle. I haven't checked the tps yet. It only does it after I have been driving it for about 45 minutes and only on really hot days. Kinda like the butterflys are expanding a little bit and sticking.

Damn, mine does the same thing. It'll do it around 2k rpm's and will fluctuate, even with no A/C or anything on. If I blip the throttle just enough, it'll be fine. I thought it might be fuel related since my throttle spring and whatnot are fine? I thought maybe my throttle was sticking open a tad but it wasn't. Also, it does this when I'm driving. Feels like my car is on auto pilot, haha.

bobbys97r

Established Member
I have a twin 65mm bbk for an 03-04 on my car and it work pretty well you just have to make sure you get the adjustment srew right other with it sticks pretty bad

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
If there is not a little 'pin hole' sized hole on the throttle blade, you may want to drill a tiny hole so there is no vacuum, hence creatinga 'sticky' feeling. This happened on a friends 00' GT, so I drilled a tiny hole and it's been fine ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread