throttle body

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
why is it that any time a guy messes with the throttle bodies on are cars things get strange its seems to be a bit of a sega? I recently cleaned up the tb, light porting,took out the hump but stayed away from the blades, now the cars idle is a disaster tried all of the tricks relearning, yadayayadah, unplugged the iac and the car runs well, so well that I would leave it like that but the car is hard to keep running while its cold,what controls the iac?now I'm thinking of replaceing it with a stock one which seemed to be the answer for alot of people,I think even nazman had issues with an accufab tb and went back to stock style tb,anyone have any thoughts? thanks!

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
americanthunder said:
why is it that any time a guy messes with the throttle bodies on are cars things get strange its seems to be a bit of a sega? I recently cleaned up the tb, light porting,took out the hump but stayed away from the blades, now the cars idle is a disaster tried all of the tricks relearning, yadayayadah, unplugged the iac and the car runs well, so well that I would leave it like that but the car is hard to keep running while its cold,what controls the iac?now I'm thinking of replaceing it with a stock one which seemed to be the answer for alot of people,I think even nazman had issues with an accufab tb and went back to stock style tb,anyone have any thoughts? thanks!

An educated guess would say that you are running too lean which is possibly why unplugging the IAC helps. I'd suggest getting the car on the dyno and looking at the a/f. :shrug:

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
I put a bbk unit on it. the spring is stiffer but other than that ( and I like it ) it works great. as long as you didnt go near the blades and all you did was clean stuff you shouldnt have any problems. Clean you IAC really good. Sounds like its the problem. Everbody who complains about these things must not have been into mustangs with chokes and carberators....Adjusting a throttle body is a breaze.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread