Throttle body

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Doesn't seem to be much info here when doing a search, but the reviews for the accufab sbtb w/ plenum on different websites have people claiming anywhere from 25 to 50+ hp gains, depending on your mods.

Does anyone have real before/ after numbers? Over 50hp gains seems like a stretch, even with pulley/ tune mods.

Trying to determine whether the price is justified, since they list for well over $500 new

3xBlackCobra

Established Member

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Thanks for that. Interesting thread, especially regarding the dragon setup.

Kinda debating doing this or saving a little extra for a bigger brake kit.

No problem. It’s a very good read. I know it’s mainly ported stuff but interesting to see actual real life difference with everything being the same. Same car, blower, dyno etc.
I honestly wouldn’t upgrade it. I’d upgrade it when you went to a bigger blower. The power gains are going to be minimal on a Eaton. I remember driving my friends car with a 2.3 whipple and a Accufab throttle body and my car was on a stock tb. His throttle was stupid sensitive compared to stock. I had the RPMs up to like 3500 and wasn’t moving!

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Yeah I'm thinking the people on the reviews i read "estimated" their gains based off of the better throttle response.

Think I'll save the $500+ for the brakes

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have no idea about HP/TQ gains as I'm not a big dyno guy.

I bought my Accufab SBTB and plenum for aesthetics reasons. I took my supercharger off and got it powder coated and did a lot of dress up to include new Metco pulleys and powder coating other parts. Once I put everything back together and drove my car for the first time after installing the SBTB my throttle response was super quick and crisp. It almost felt like a different car. As I said I cannot tell you what, if any, HP gains it gave me. But it is a blast to drive and responds faster than my original TB.

I don't know if the $500 price tag is worth it, but since I got what I wanted (a better looking setup) and a quicker throttle response to boot, I'm definitely not complaining.

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
@Black Gold 380R I really do like the look of them, and the improved throttle response sounds fun... just hard to justify the price without significant performance gains.

Can you post a pic of yours, including the powder coated sc?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
@Black Gold 380R I really do like the look of them, and the improved throttle response sounds fun... just hard to justify the price without significant performance gains.

Can you post a pic of yours, including the powder coated sc?

I hear you. It is a lot of coin, but as others have mentioned if you plan on upgrading your supercharger later it will be worth it at that point.

Here you go:

BEFORE:
Battery cover a.JPG

AFTER:
Battery cover.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread