Throttle Body Swap

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I swap my stock TB ford a 65 mm Ford racing TB and added a 10% OD lower to the car and had it dyno tuned . I forgot to mention to the tuner I had also swapped the TB out . The car runs great in town and pulls hard but on the highway when coasting to a stop it dies . I think its in the tune . Any ideas anyone thanks

HKusp

Established Member
I don't think its the TB. I swapped from stock to a FRPP twin 65mm and didn't need a tune revision. The PCM is capable of learning and compensating for it. I think it's a tune issue. You need to datalog when it does it and send it to your tuner to see what they think.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanks I have allways wondered about the tune , I have a JLT CAI ,65mm TB ,ported blower , 2.6 upper , 10% OD lower LT headers 80 lbs fuel injectors and only got 528 RWHP from a dyno tune.

Last edited:

HKusp

Established Member
Find you a takeoff TVS, or a good used Gen2R a BAP and 52lbers and you are adding 125ish rwhp to that number. You will absolutely LOVE it.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Been checking SVT markerplace for TVS . Usually a day late and a dollar short

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Try resetting your KAM before you do anything. You can either disconnect the battery or use your flash tool to reset it. Once you've done that, start it cold and let it idle until it warms up and then put some miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread