Throttle body recommendation

Adamn

Established Member
When I bought my car 4 years ago it had a 62mm bbk throttle body on it and after about a year it started getting slightly stuck closed and has gotten worse over the last couple years. It's to the point where I can't stand it anymore and it's time for it to go.
The car is just lightly modded and I really don't have plans to swap out my eaton for a tvs or twin screw so that's why I have been debating on going with an accufab or just looking for a ported stock one.
Current mods besides the junk throttle body are ported eaton with 2.75" upper and stock lower, 60lb injectors, bap, off-road x and magnaflow catback, and a 100 shot.
I don't have a problem with going with accufab but then I need to replace the plenum and I do wonder how well the color of the new plenum and supercharger would match since I wouldn't get a polished one.
I'm not necessarily looking for more power, not that I would mind it, but I don't want to go backwards. I just want something that's going to perform well and be reliable.

bubblehead93

Established Member
I would just port a stock one, you can pick them up fairly cheap... I home ported mine... it is just about smoothing and blending and gasket matching... not a lot of material to be removed... I would stay out of the area near the blades, already pretty smooth there already... I know it made a difference because I had to adjust my MAF transfer function afterwards to add more gas...

r/
Andy

Woody6799

Established Member
I would just head right for a single blade, accufab or dragon, and be done with it. It will make a little more power but will also compliment your other mods nicely. I saw an accufab go on here not that long ago for $250 I think.

Adamn

Established Member
I would just head right for a single blade, accufab or dragon, and be done with it. It will make a little more power but will also compliment your other mods nicely. I saw an accufab go on here not that long ago for $250 I think.

My only issue with the accufab is I've seen a lot of people complain about idling issues and according to posi's testing there is basically no advantage performance wise over a ported stock tb why go with the accufab?

bubblehead93

Established Member
there is a sticky in this sub-forum about ted throttle body testing by Posi which you reference which is spot on... for your mods given you plan to stick with your ported eaton for now, port the stock throttle body, the drivability is better, I picked up a spare throttle body for less than $100 in case I screwed mine up porting it... now I have a extra throttle body, my port came out great... I have my CAI off at the moment so I can install a Killer CHiller, I'll snap a picture or two...

sorry, plan on holding on to the spare throttle body...

r/
Andy

94slowbra1

Established Member
if you going to keep your mods id say go with a ported stocker. it will flow enough for you, fit with everything you have currently and shouldnt give you any issues some other t/b's might. i run a posi ported stocker on my 2.3 whipple making over 600 to the wheels. i cant bring myself to change because i dont want any issues. im sure at my level i could could pick up some power but dont want to sacrefice

Users who are viewing this thread