Throttle body questions

1badtib

Established Member
So I have a kb 2.6 with accufab twin tb and egr delete. I recently just bought this car and it has hanging idle. I have done the tps calibration and adjusted plate so that it idled at 750 with iac plugged in but removed from plenum (tapped holes) it idles fine when I first start it up, idled if I blip throttle but if I slowly rev it up and slowly let off, it handles at like 1500. I have also tried pushing down on the throttle linkage on the tb and it does lower the idle. I have a feeling it has to do with the blade. Any ideas? I have been trying to source a stock 03-04 tb but can't find one. Also don't know if Mach 1 or other tb's will work. Thanks guys!!

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Sometimes it can be tune related. A tuner can adjust the IAC and TPS and correct alot of hanging idle problems. Now in some instances the TB needs to be adjusted also, all of these things work together so it could be any one of them.

1badtib

Established Member
ahhh okay. Thanks good sir! I was thinking about having performance autosport up in richmond, VA tune it. Anyone deal with them?

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Mine was annoying, when i drove it and came to a stop sign or even in a drive threw if i moved and came to a stop it would jump to 1600 and sit there for about 3 secs then drop down to the correct idle... My tuner was able to adjust a bunch of stuff in the tune and on the car and get it working properly, this was with a accufab single blade, but should work with yours also.

Users who are viewing this thread