throttle body/plenum question?

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
i recently installed a cl plenum elbow piece and 75 mm throttle in my gt. it acts kinda funny . it pulls hard once i hit 3500 rpm and higher. when im driving normal in 3rd or 4rth gear and i let go of the gas to slow down a bit and then i press on the gas slightly to get up to speed again it kicks in hard like it jerks or sumtin.should i put 3:73 gears? also should i stop putting regular octane? should i put plus or 93octane since i put a bigger throttle body and elbow piece. my other mods just include full exhaust and mac straight shot cold air intake. any help ? thanx:)

spike_africa

Established Member
you dont need to run higher octane untill your either tuned (becuase it has more timing in it) or add a power adder such as blower,turbo,nitrous. As for your jerking i dont really know, does it do it all the time like when idling and you accel forward or only if your moving then juice it.

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
only when im moving but im just driving normal i dont punch it.i could be goin 40 or 50-60 and slow down and then press on the gas again , and when i press the gas ,thats when it kinda throws u back and i also hear a thump in my rear end when it does it. it doesnt do it real hard

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
thats funny u say that about the clunk. mine does that too. ive 3.73's now in it, and it did it before. so im wondering if its just the slop in the drive shaft-rearend. also i drove a 2001 cobra, oooooh my god what diference. the pull . at 4000 is insane!! trust me when i say get air help. turbo, supercharged. im lookin in to it. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

silver02stang

Just a GT
Established Member
40thannstang said:
i recently installed a cl plenum elbow piece and 75 mm throttle in my gt. it acts kinda funny . it pulls hard once i hit 3500 rpm and higher. when im driving normal in 3rd or 4rth gear and i let go of the gas to slow down a bit and then i press on the gas slightly to get up to speed again it kicks in hard like it jerks or sumtin.should i put 3:73 gears? also should i stop putting regular octane? should i put plus or 93octane since i put a bigger throttle body and elbow piece. my other mods just include full exhaust and mac straight shot cold air intake. any help ? thanx:)

i have the c&l trueflow with maf and the plenum. the only thing i have not changed is the tb. I got the sense that I was running lean, i couldn't hear anything under full load, but under part throttle accelerating the engine would start to make a sound that kinda sounded like pinging. i was probably just lugging due to the torque being moved up farther in the power band, but i don't know for sure. i also read a mm&ff article when they put a cai on a mach 1 and once they removed the screen in the maf the car started to run "dangerously lean". i immediately started to run Mobil 93 octane due to the higher octanes protecting against detonation and most of my problems went away. i got a diablosport predator a bit later and no more problems. i need to get a a/f meter to verify. hope this helps a bit with the high octane question. i still had people telling me that i didn't need it, but why take the chance?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread