Throttle body: BBK or Accufab

Msyticgold

My car is n/a basically stock w/ minor mods like exhaust so I'm trying to decide between the 65mm BBK or the single blade Accufab. Which is better??? :??:
Thanks.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
the throttle body really won't yield and gains on a stock motor. i really didn't gain anything from it, just better throttle response. The improve throttle response was enough for me though. If you do get one, get the accufab, you have to cut a piece of the intake manifold, no big deal whatsoever, but its a much better piece than the BBK

Msyticgold

Thanks everyone but I just did a search that answered my questions. SnakeBite98, thanks for your reply.
I guess its not worth it. :rolleyes:

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
I also agree that on a stock 4 valve 96-98 that it isn't worth putting a throttle body on but..... The accufab is a better piece, although it does require you to port the portion of the intake hat directly behind it.

I am not saying the BBK one is bad but the accufab is obviously a better looking and functioning throttle body.

Msyticgold

Originally posted by DarickPSU
Buy gears if you don't have em.
D.
Yeah, forgot to mention... got those, too. Of the 4.10 variety. Went ahead and ordered the 65mm BBKs only because..... because........ because..... I don't know why. :(
Because I can? :shrug:
Already got a Fedex tracking #, they'll be here by Sat. I will let you guys know if they make a difference. If they don't, I'll make it up. :rollseyes

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
Hey you already bought it so don't be worried. It'll be worth it down the road when and if a power adder or N/A buildup comes into play.

71stang99

Established Member
Here is the stock 57mm TB from my 03, the BBK 65 MM is on the bottom, for this application I hogged out the 'elbow' between the TB and the supercharger, throttle response for me has been noticed through improved response. I have yet to post dyno #'s. I went with this unit because it was used and i paid 100 bucks for it.

IMG_0174_2.gif

DeVus1

Established Member
Get the Accufab, as you can see in the BBK version there are two openings (65mm), whereas the Accufab is blade style, so the WHOLE thing is open. Here is a pic:

light.jpg

Msyticgold

Hmmmmmmmmmm. BBK is here. But now I want the ACCUFAB. :cryying:
Note to self: No more compulsive buying. :bash: Where can I get a good deal on the Accufab?

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
search some mustang websites, see if summit sells it, and if they do, and you find one cheaper somewhere else, get them to price match and beat it, will save you some of the money you lost by buying the BBK.

71stang99: are you saying that you went ahead and removed the middle piece of the intake manifold where it connects to the TB or just bore out those two holes? i think with the larger opening on the accufab you might see a better gain. just my .02.

DeVus1

Established Member
Originally posted by Mistik
Hmmmmmmmmmm. BBK is here. But now I want the ACCUFAB. :cryying:
Note to self: No more compulsive buying. :bash: Where can I get a good deal on the Accufab?

Thats ok, I bought the BBK along time ago and have since sold it and switched to the Accufab. Wish I could tell you if there was a performance gain, but I didnt dyno the BBK.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by Mistik
My car is n/a basically stock w/ minor mods like exhaust so I'm trying to decide between the 65mm BBK or the single blade Accufab. Which is better??? :??:
Thanks.

Do you have a good set of headers and a high flow midpipe.

71stang99

Established Member
71stang99: are you saying that you went ahead and removed the middle piece of the intake manifold where it connects to the TB or just bore out those two holes? i think with the larger opening on the accufab you might see a better gain. just my .02.

I didnt take out the center piece, there is a sensor that is mounted on top of the elbow that uses the center section of the 'elbow', I did hog out the two openings where the stocker unit butterfly valves opened since that extra material impeded the airflow with the BBK unit,

duane v

Established Member
Re to the post;-)...DA snake boy!!

the Accufab is a superior TB to both the stock and BBK TB's... Although with the Accufab you have to work the intake hat (see pics) and port match the lower (see pic) to maximise it...at the track we tested the Accufab against the stock unit and I lost 2 mph with the stock piece..both Omar and I were pretty shocked...But with the Accufab TB the idle is a little weird, even when I was running the stock cams, but you get used to it...DA snake boy!!
smaller.jpg

intake.jpg

intake2.jpg

Last edited:

Msyticgold

Re: Re: Throttle body: BBK or Accufab

Originally posted by charged98cobra
I have SVO shorties and Bassani x w/cats. Might be switching to some Bassani midlengths soon, though.
Update is that I ordered the Accufab TB for real cheap and am waiting to return the BBK on Mon (Brother's is closed on Sun).

Msyticgold

Re: Re: Throttle body: BBK or Accufab

Originally posted by charged98cobra
I have SVO shorties and Bassani x w/cats. Might be switching to some Bassani midlengths soon, though.
Update is that I ordered the Accufab TB for real cheap and am waiting to return the BBK on Mon (Brother's is closed on Sun).

Users who are viewing this thread