Throttle Bodies ???

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Ok Im getting ready to finally breakdown and do the TB thing. I really don't care to get into a brand specific thing. But after doing some searches to no avail I want someone with similar mods to let me what gains they got with a single blade TB and what difference in throttle response.

My mods are a catback and a CAI.Please chime in and tell me honestly if you could do it all over again would you shell out the dough for a TB for the retuns you feel you got. I do not care about polished or not engraved yada yada yada. What I'm looking for is solid return in HP for my investment. To buy or not to buy. Please no sales pitches just TB owners that are happy with their decision. And some that aren't and tell me why. Thx all

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
I am happy with mine. I would not buy it unless you pulley and chip the car. The gains are most noticable under the curve along with excellent throttle response. The stock throttle body is actually very good until you increase the boost.

stangin

Established Member
I had this exact dilema, put a TB on for 10 + HP and $739 for the Billet Flow? I could never find any solid numbers to compare to the Accufab, which is slightly cheaper. The billet flow is a nice looking unit and I know the quaility is excellent, but I hear some people like the Accufab just as well. There was a shootout between the Accufab and BF TB's (do a search on this) and I still could not come to a conclusion between the two. I decided that if I did it I would go with the BF unit due to Doug's excellent customer service and reputation. Now that I decided to do the BF TB, this lead me to another dilema, if I installed the TB, headers and lower pulley in addition to my upper 2.8 this would cost about $2000+ for say 40 - 60 rwhp and a whole lot of work for the install of the header, lower pulley and minor work installing the TB. This combo should get me right at or just over the 500 rwhp and rwtq and would run good, but then for the $3699 cost of the KB blower I could not go header, lower pulley and TB and have gains of 100 - 251 HP with no other mods. KB will sell the supercharger with a port matched inlet (comes with the S/C) for their TB for another $369. I went with the KB and their TB for the extra $369. I guess Im saying TB alone for $739 for no conclusive HP increase made me think. I think that you will pick up a minumum HP of 10 and max of ???, depending on what other mods you have, the more mods you have the more power it should make with just a TB alone, but that money would go pretty far twards the KB supercharger which is basically dial in as much extra power as you wish. Here are some other posts to look at from overtoad and highmiles, hope this helps:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35528

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30009

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I also put my tb on with only a cai and a x/pipe. It really did make a big difference. I don't have any hp numbers but can vouch for the seat-of-the-pants dyno. It also wakes up the exhaust note quite a bit. If you are tight on money however, there are a lot better bang for the buck mods to do. I think eventually though, you'll want a tb!

predator

Established Member
Stangin....the KB tb is an Accufab. Just thought I would let you know. Accufab just sells to KB and puts the KB name on them. Still the same 1600 cfm tb. Nice that KB port matches them to the plenum. Can't beat the price for that. Very nice setup. My .02.

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by predator
Stangin....the KB tb is an Accufab. Just thought I would let you know. Accufab just sells to KB and puts the KB name on them. Still the same 1600 cfm tb. Nice that KB port matches them to the plenum. Can't beat the price for that. Very nice setup. My .02.

Lol, thats so typical. I wanted the Billet flow, oh well. It would seem I am going to go with the Accufab now. I guess that will work. This KB sure better rock!

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Thx for your input fella's. I think I will probably focus on suspension mods 1st then worry about any more HP.

OverToad

Established Member
My TB went on after the exhaust, CAI, pulley, and chip were finished. It's not the first mod to do, unless your doing it for pure aesthetic beauty. The best gains are to be had with what I listed. Beyond that, I feel as though such things as TB's and headers fall into the next wave of mods: less power for your dollar.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I would do it again as it improves throttle response...

Users who are viewing this thread