Threw a code...what code scanner is best?

mdisalvo85

Established Member
My cobra's check engine light has come on and I figure I might as well go ahead and buy a scanner. I was hoping to keep it under 100.00 and was wondering what you guys think is the best? I was looking at the OBD II, then from there I checked out the Proscan, which looks pretty cool since it gives gas mileage info and all that fun stuff. Anybody have any experience/advice?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's not in your budget, unless perhaps you find one cheap on eBay, but I wouldn't waste my money on anything less than an SCT Xcal 2. It serves so many more purposes on top of just scanning codes...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
If your just looking for code scanning, just get a cheap code reader off ebay or something.. If you want a quailty piece get what tabres sugested. It also alows you to datalog your car and load in tunes..

SNAKEYE

Established Member
My cobra's check engine light has come on and I figure I might as well go ahead and buy a scanner. I was hoping to keep it under 100.00 and was wondering what you guys think is the best? I was looking at the OBD II, then from there I checked out the Proscan, which looks pretty cool since it gives gas mileage info and all that fun stuff. Anybody have any experience/advice?

Save your money.
Take the car into AutoZone and have the code(s) pulled for free.

ARdoller

Established Member
or just go to shucks/autozone/pepboys/napa and have em read them for free. I used the one at shucks so much they gave me discounts cause they felt bad for me lol.
since when do they read them for free? every place ive asked to read mine wants $40 to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread