Thoughts on this car and rwhp...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So I came across this car on facebook. I didn't want to comment on his for sale post. I personally don't believe it.

2.8 kenne bell, different cams, supporting mods, 19 lbs, 93 octane, kurgan tuned making 715 rwhp. I mean, do cams add that more extra hp?

14668_zpspqsbe1vm.gif

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
I wouldn't believe it until I see the dyno sheet. What good is it if you claim what your car is pushing without providing the potential buyer (s) the proper documentation (dyno sheet in this case) to back the claim up?

usmcah-1w

Established Member
I made 669rwhp with a 2.3 and cams, I am currently getting tuned by 04sleep and hoping to be around 700 with the 2.9. I do think that is a little high though

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I made 669rwhp with a 2.3 and cams, I am currently getting tuned by 04sleep and hoping to be around 700 with the 2.9. I do think that is a little high though

What fuel?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
93 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet the dyno I use would give me similar results as your pump gas numbers. Shop told me they tuned a 2.3 whipple, 21lbs, 21 timing, headers, e85, and was in the 660's.

One reason why I hate dyno sheets. They vary so much.

01yellercobra

Established Member
They might also be claiming it's crank numbers. One "racer" around here was called out on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They might also be claiming it's crank numbers. One "racer" around here was called out on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking, but it says 715rwhp.

jblood37

Established Member
It's entirely possible bc like you said dynos vary a ton. Could be an uncorrected value as well. Car is about 2 hours from me. I'll tell him to drive it over and do some pulls against my car for comparison lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I bet the dyno I use would give me similar results as your pump gas numbers. Shop told me they tuned a 2.3 whipple, 21lbs, 21 timing, headers, e85, and was in the 660's.

One reason why I hate dyno sheets. They vary so much.

Is this the dyno you made 470/490 with an unported eaton and made 586 with belt slip on the tvs gas tune? It doesn't sound that far off, you need to go back I bet you make 700 now. Dyno variance shouldn't be much of a factor for you because it's been the same dyno all along

Sometimes it's not the dyno that's the variance....it's the car. It's proven some of these cars came out of the factory with more spot on cam timing than others.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1212-cam-and-blower-upgrades-power-players/

Eaton mild cam only, not degreed optimally
image.png

Kennebell 2.8, 15.8psi, mild cam, stock head, early shut off, etc.
image.png

Here's a nice write up and test by mm&ff a few years back. Engine dyno, etc. still a nice read. If you're half aware of the dynamics at play, it spells out nicely what goes on. They did mild cams without beadwork no less. Gained 30hp on an eaton and more and more as they went kennebell.

Run 19psi, and a stronger head/cam combo, it would easily be 850hp at the crank, about 725whp.

Last edited:

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I saw that too and was skeptical, I don't think he is lying I just think it's a happy dyno is all every dyno and car differs so much

cj428mach

Established Member
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1212-cam-and-blower-upgrades-power-players/

Eaton mild cam only, not degreed optimally
View attachment 90395

Kennebell 2.8, 15.8psi, mild cam, stock head, early shut off, etc.
View attachment 90396
Here's a nice write up and test by mm&ff a few years back. Engine dyno, etc. still a nice read. If you're half aware of the dynamics at play, it spells out nicely what goes on. They did mild cams without beadwork no less. Gained 30hp on an eaton and more and more as they went kennebell.

Run 19psi, and a stronger head/cam combo, it would easily be 850hp at the crank, about 725whp.

I was thinking of that exact magazine article when I read this. Sounds possible with more boost.

Zemedici

Established Member
That power out of any kenne bell is a miracle....hahaha

dyno numbers dont mean shit guys, you can make a dyno read whatever you want to. Its merely a tuning tool. What matters is how the car stacks up against similar power cars, whether it be via ET or on the street.

I'd rather have a strong running 650whp car that actually makes 650, that a '718whp KB' car that will get YANKED by a 650whp car....

Users who are viewing this thread