Thoughts on possible Wrap/Paint job..

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
What I’m try to say is . If you want your terminator look aggressive ,intimidate . Mean ,only 3 color choice is black , torch red and dsg .

bullshit... There ain't no way Torch Red looks more aggressive than RedFire!

If your car is mechanically, electrically and operationally sound, why would you sell it due to cosmetic opinion and probably get a cobra with the color you want but end up with a car that has issues.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
But would you paint your cobra different color tho ?

Don’t listen some these guys bro . People’s just like see you mess up . I’m pretty sure most wont want do thing to themselves but want other to do it .

Only time I would do paint different color is . Strip the car Completely down . Every interior panel engine off . And paint everything to that color and put every thing back . Because once you pop the hood and see engine bay is different color , it’s big turn off.

Wrap the cars to the color you like . Leave the original color alone . Mabe some one out there having co looking for black cobra . I’m done here good luck ....

Yeah Bro, your English does suck! Maybe you should try posting in the other 3 languages.

cj428mach

Established Member
If I was going to paint a newer car like this, it would either be repaint the same color or completely strip the car to nothing to do a color change.

A wrap doesn't make sense to me and I would avoid that. When I first heard of wraps it sounded cool, and the thought of a temporary color change was interesting. Then after hearing what wraps cost and that they're in the several $1000's it just doesn't make sense to me.

GoingBIG

Established Member
You could dip yours like i did mine. Then if you change your mind after a season it wasnt a huge loss might cost 500us to color change? I went with hyper graphite for the body and copper alloy for the rims

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Getting ready to change the color of my stripes to gray to match the seat inserts. I think it will look good?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Getting ready to change the color of my stripes to gray to match the seat inserts. I think it will look good?

Are you asking if the stripes will look good? If so, I haven’t seen too many New Edge Stangs that successfully pull off stripes. The lines of the car don’t lend themselves easily to stripes looking good. The S197 platform, on the other hand, looks great with stripes.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
No I’ve made my decision and I’m going with a wrap.

If you're wrapping it, go with something non-'03/'04 like Lamborghini Balloon White! That would look awesome with the 10th interior.

b7291552_5.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Are you asking if the stripes will look good? If so, I haven’t seen too many New Edge Stangs that successfully pull off stripes. The lines of the car don’t lend themselves easily to stripes looking good.

Okay Goose, this is the thread I was talking about.

On one hand I can see your point on stripes. However, I think it depends on body mods and how wide the stripes are. I do not think a Terminator hood and stripes work very well together, but it can be done. Also, the width of stripes determines if they look good or gaudy IMO.

My 380R is a perfect example. The hood is pretty smooth and the stripes do NOT go over the wing and they do NOT go all the way down on the front bumper or rear end of the car. Therefore, I think it looks great with the stripe package.

NOTE: I do realize you did NOT say all New Edges look bad with stripes.........

380R 03.JPG

380R 02.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread