Thoughts on new "computerized" nitrous systems

10secL

Established Member
I have noticed that Venom as well as Zex sells a new computerized nitrous setup...............has anyone installed this yet?? thoughts??

Rara

Established Member
A friend of mine has one of the Venom systems in his Contour SVT. I actually helped him get it installed, and troubleshoot it a little. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of nitrous, but I must say I was very impressed w/ the kit. Very complete, very thourough, and easy to setup and work. Any problems he had were directly attributable to the fact that he was the very first Contour to get the kit, and we had to figure a few things out for them.

The venom setup provided an excellent rage of tuning possibilities to the use of the juice, and it also provided a great failsafe system that shuts off the nitrous if the conditions are not just right for it. All in all, it was very impressive.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm not real hip on another computer running my car. Yes they maintain safe NOS injection. The safety is defined by a conservative kiss-butt that is protecting the company from getting sued. I'd much rather go the conventional route and maintain the system myself. This way you know how it works, why it works and can identify problems more readily if the vehicle slows down. With the other system you get your slip, see the car is slowing down or speeding up and are left to wonder why. Was it bottle pressure? Was the bottle mounted the right way in the first place to facilitate proper NOS pick-up? Are the filters getting clogged with residue? Have the solenoids stopped operating properly? If you maintain the sytem the old way you're gonna know the answer to about 90% of the problems right away. If you use the computer controlled style you rely soooo much on the box you don't really know what is happening if something goes wrong. It could be something as simple as the filter is dirty. I've seen this happen on the first bottle fill. The box is gonna reduce the fuel to match the NOS. That is all fine and well. Meanwhille the car slows down and you're left guessing why. The old way however you'd be way rich and get the tell tale black smoke from the rear showing you that you are rich. Simple example I know, but this is just my opinion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread