thoughts on mods

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
put down 419 on mustang dyno ..stock blower with 2.73 pully chip tuned headers exhaust c@l mas stock everything else hit 12 psi and fell to 10 I think .I know that a bigger blower or ported blower will no doubt get numbers up but what would just putting sbtb new injectors bigger mas air and new tune get me ....and all that with methenal or nitrous also can you run metenal and nitrous together as in use methenal to run higier timing while still spraying nitoous thanks for any thoughts

04mystickid

Established Member
I agree with svtdice I have a 2.93 upper, cai, pipes violater cat back, and afco heat exchanger and I dynoed at 438rwhp and 429trq. My car also has 89k miles on it. I put new ngk plugs in it when we did the pull bc I had spark off the boots.

Adamn

Established Member
U would be better off getting the TB, injectors, MAF, BAP and skipping the meth and nitrous and getting a twin screw or TVS

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
local guy but it was a conservative tune ...I know there is power with a bigger charger but I am trying to get all I can before moving up to that .I guess my question is would a sbtb new mas injectors bigger heat exchanger etc. show a lot of gain on a stock blower with pulley and I think the pulley is a 2.93 and thanks for input guys

Tractionless1

Established Member
local guy but it was a conservative tune ...I know there is power with a bigger charger but I am trying to get all I can before moving up to that .I guess my question is would a sbtb new mas injectors bigger heat exchanger etc. show a lot of gain on a stock blower with pulley and I think the pulley is a 2.93 and thanks for input guys

Who says you need a MAF? You won't gain anything with it on an Eaton. When you peg the MAF counts (you shouldn't even be close with your pulley combo and unported) is when you need a MAF upgrade. You can go with a MAFia (as I did) or MAF extender, you don't need an entire new unit until well down the road with a larger blower.

A SBTB will help; however, the best bang for the buck is doing it with a port. Either way it greatly helps throttle response. Injectors won't get you any power, they simply need to be upgraded when you're running 90%+ duty cycle and you shouldn't even be close.

A bigger HE will only delay the onset of ECU timing pulling; however, it will still happen. The only proven way to stave it off is by keeping the OE HE and adding a Killer Chiller system with 3 way valve.

If you want an instant boost in power now, I recommend Dynotune Nitrous dry kit specifically for the Terminator. Bolt on 50hp in an afternoon and if installed per their instructions blowing across the MAF wire, little to no tuning adjustments are needed. The only other way is with higher boost and a port.

Adamn

Established Member

No

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why does everyone think that's low for a mustang dyno? Seems about right to me, unless I'm missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread