Thoughts on McCloud Street Extreme kit?

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Thinking about buying McClouds street extreme kit, I need a reliable clutch to handle 600 no problem. I don't have the money for an RST or RXT. Any one have any dealings with this clutch? Says it's rated for 700 crank. Any input would help a lot
1c70ba24c92678bd646312be62fb8c20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I get not wanting to spend more, but we are only talking $200 to majorly upgrade to the RST, which is a worthwhile path if you drive the car a decent amount. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that little bit more. It's not like we are talking a $350 clutch to a $900 clutch.

If you are considering the street and are trying to save money, there are even cheaper options that are proven (like the 2+ or 3 from Spec, they would both save an additional $100 over that mccleod).

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I ran a spec 3 for years at 550 wheel. I beat the hell out of it too. It is a heavier pedal than some, but will hold some abuse.

Brandon Adams

Established Member
I get not wanting to spend more, but we are only talking $200 to majorly upgrade to the RST, which is a worthwhile path if you drive the car a decent amount. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that little bit more. It's not like we are talking a $350 clutch to a $900 clutch.

If you are considering the street and are trying to save money, there are even cheaper options that are proven (like the 2+ or 3 from Spec, they would both save an additional $100 over that mccleod).

I've heard of issues with spec so I was hesitant but I might have to keep saving for the RST

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Would the 3+ be worth it for a little more?

I have the 2+ on my car. Countless high 1.4 60's off the 2 step at 4200rpm, a low 1.4 60' off the 2 step at 4500, and it still drives nice (tiny bit of chatter) with lowish pedal effort. My car makes 660+rwhp, and run's low 10's. It's driven HARD.

IMO, if you are willing to spend $500 on a clutch to drive a decent amount, and you aren't making that much power, the RST is a great clutch for $200 more.

dbauta04

Established Member
I have this clutch in my 03 and its been great so far about 2k miles low pedal effort, no chatter and grabs hard. FYI if u do get this clutch go ahead and get the McLeod adjustable pivot ball I had to have it for mine, with the stock one mine was set way to tight.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread