Thoughts on e85 ported eaton and fuel mods

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I've been reading a lot of threads and searching for different ideas on what would be needed for different e85 builds. Right now i'm not ready to go off the deep end and just do 2.9 whipple, tripple pump return fuel and supporting mods. I'm having fun with the car progressing with the eaton at the track and liking not breaking as much stuff as I used to with my more powerful cobras.

This is my thoughts. I was going to do a posi race port on my 2003 cobra. Weighing out the options of having it just be an upper only and only really need a bap and tune it on 93 or doing a lower pulley and tuning it on e85. I'm good with the mods for 93 as far as what they will support. My question is if I were to do a upper/lower ported eaton and tuned it on e85 would these fuels mods be enough. 60's, bap and a maf. I also saw a thread for a ss fuel filter that fits the stock lines, which in the debate the stock paper type were fine and holding up well in other members cars that run e85 with the stock fuel system.

Would a bap and 60's be enough for a eaton car making more than likely mid 500's at best. I know 60's and a bap supported 680 on my other cobra tuned on 110 octane. I would think having a upper and lower car on e85 would be worth the extra few hundred dollars to make another 50 hp or so plus the torque.

Thoughts.:beer:

lguizar12

Established Member
I have 60's , twin GT pumps, no boostapump and stock maf(close to maxed). I made 515/565 on an unported eaton 2.8/4lbs combo.

I will connect bap and get maf here soon.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTDice

Established Member
I'm planning on doing something like this. But I'm 95% Sure you will need Dual GT Pumps - 60's / 80's - MAF Help - BAP and you should be fine. That's what I'm going to be doing. That's for the Ported Eaton setup.

My setup will be.

Posi Port
2.76 Upper
4Lb Lower
E85.
And that following fuel setup.

I'm probably missing something however.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
If I will need more than just bap, maf and injectors I will probably just buy the budget return system and be done. Would be a 2.8 upper and 4 lb lower with ported tb,plenum and blower obviously.

JJackson

Established Member
there is a cobra around here running 80's, BA3000 maf, and a BAP with a ported/pulley eaton. i was impressed.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Just curious as to what they would be able to do setup like that and with e85. Seen 56x on a ported car before with EVER supporting mod known to man, would've been cheaper to get a ts at that point but hey it was impressive.

Evil homer

Established Member
Im on the same route I have a stegi stage 2 on reg pump gas 91oct With mafia and Bap stock injectors made 504 hp and 519tq 20* timing 4lb lower 2.76 upp
n for the E-85 im going with gt40 pumps and 60lbs injectors
any one have an idea how much of a diff it might make ??? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread