Thoughts on an nGauge in a Vert

fishpick

Established Member
So I'm looking forward here... Hang in there as this is a bit of what if post...
As soon as I get my Whipple on top the engine later this month - there's this likelihood I'll want to change from the stock Whipple tune to a Lund / AED tunes - because, here's my thinking, while I plan to run on 93 most of the time... when on a trip it might not be available... so having a 91 tune would be nice too... and then... since I have big injectors (TWSS) - maybe an e85 tune would be nice to have as well...

So I think about how easy it is to use an nGauge to just change tunes... quickly and on the fly...

BUT - I have a Vert... so - really - am I asking for trouble to have an nGauge in the left driver heater vent in the 2012... is that just an invitation for someone to pluck it out and wander off with it?

Opinions?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If you think someone else will take it simply dont install it permanently, load your tune and then put it away. If you do install it and someone really wants it they will get it regardless if you have a coupe or vert, car locked or unlocked.

I've enjoyed reading your threads, lot of great info in them.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

fishpick

Established Member
If you think someone else will take it simply dont install it permanently, load your tune and then put it away. If you do install it and someone really wants it they will get it regardless if you have a coupe or vert, car locked or unlocked.

I've enjoyed reading your threads, lot of great info in them.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Agreed - if someone wants something - they are gonna "get it" - I'm just sorta waxing poetically regarding the "more accessible" nature of an nGauge "in the open" when the top is down - that's all...

And thanks for the complement! I learn so much here - I feel obligated to pay it back / forward / whatever! So thanks!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
If someone were to take it they will not be able to use it as it gets locked to the car on first use. The tuner would have to provide them with an unlock code. Not that that person would know this, but I would agree with Riddick and keep it out of sight. I know this would be a pain but if it were me I would put the top up and close the windows every time I leave the car unattended.

fishpick

Established Member
If someone were to take it they will not be able to use it as it gets locked to the car on first use. The tuner would have to provide them with an unlock code. Not that that person would know this, but I would agree with Riddick and keep it out of sight. I know this would be a pain but if it were me I would put the top up and close the windows every time I leave the car unattended.
So as I read your response it dawned on me - I think I posed the question hoping somehow, someone would say something and make people in the world not suck... this was an awful question that I clearly already knew the answer to...
I don't know what I was expecting! "YEAH MAN if you put that in your vert, it's totally safe, cause you are you!"
Ha ha.

SVTStampede

Established Member
I think you'll be fine with it setup as a vent gauge. Most people wouldn't even know it was removable. I've debated getting an Nguage, and I wouldn't hesitate to keep it in the car permanently. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread