Thoughts on a 1996 Mystichrome Cobra priced at $13,000

Dobedare

Established Member
Someone near me just listed this 1996 SVT Mystichrome Cobra Coupe w- 31,983 miles for $13,000. Just wondering if this would be a reasonable price for this vehicle. I know absolutely nothing about this year, etc., but just think they are absolutely beautiful cars.

Guy claims it was always garage kept, and all scheduled maintenance.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
For the low mileage and low production of that particular paint color I think $13,000 if it's truly in excellent condition sounds fair.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Feel free to PM me the VIN# so I can pull the CARFAX if you haven't already.

MysticChaos

Established Member
Someone near me just listed this 1996 SVT Mystichrome Cobra Coupe w- 31,983 miles for $13,000. Just wondering if this would be a reasonable price for this vehicle. I know absolutely nothing about this year, etc., but just think they are absolutely beautiful cars.

Guy claims it was always garage kept, and all scheduled maintenance.

There's no such thing as a 1996 Mystichrome Cobra just fyi. 1996 was strictly MYSTIC. I'd make sure the vin# matches up to the correct paint code for a 96 Mystic if it's listed as a MYSTICHROME. If it's the genuine article, that price is within reason for the miles and condition.

Dobedare

Established Member
There's no such thing as a 1996 Mystichrome Cobra just fyi. 1996 was strictly MYSTIC. I'd make sure the vin# matches up to the correct paint code for a 96 Mystic if it's listed as a MYSTICHROME. If it's the genuine article, that price is within reason for the miles and condition.

Thanks for the info! I went back to double check the post - it is a Facebook Page posting, and it looks like the seller mis-typed the description. The Title indicates Mystic and the body of the post said mystichrome.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
i paid 10,500 for my 98 BAB vert cobra almost a year ago. 38K miles, mint condition, never seen rain or snow with very minimal mods. It's all about how much you are willing to pay and how much the owner wants to let it go for. the guy originally started at 13k, sat on it for a while, eventually lowered it to 11k and I was barely able to talk him down another 500 bucks. but that price sounds almost about right. I'd say try to take it home at 11,500 or 12K. IF YOU ARENT IN A HURRY FIND ONE THATS ALREADY SUPERCHARGED FOR THAT PRICE!

Post pictures if you get it!

redrocket16

Established Member
16500 is crazy imo even with the miles. 10-11,500 is ok but any higher is too much. Even if the paint is in good shape the clear coat is 20 years old and fading is inevitable with these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread