thoughts on a 15

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
Its been a while since I have posted on here but I used to own a 2003 cobra build, 2011 premium gt and a 2012 boss. I think i will be hunting down a 2014 track pack with cloth recaros, since i dont currently own a mustang, and i will be passing on the 15 model.. at least for a few years. While I like the new car and all it has to offer, Im not in love with it. Mabey its too perfect. I dont know.
To me a mustang is about individuality and building them how one sees fit. They 13/14 cars have bookos of add ons to tailor the car how i woul like it. Yes, I know the 15s will eventually too but I hate the rear end of them and the front seems too messy. To me it looks like a bunch of different ideas in one. There is too much going on. I bet the younger guys will love them. I just dont think it looks muscular in anyway.
I love tech, and the 15 will have tons. But I will probably be happy enough with tracks apps on the outgoing car. Money really isnt the issue at all here and I know the 15 will stop a stock 14, but when you buy a car, you are buying it for interior/ exterior looks too. The interior and exterior of the 15 looks too busy to me. A 14 is a little simpler and would allow me to focus on driving more than searching for buttons. I dont know, time will tell I guess. Mabey I will change my mind.

DWalker

Established Member
Just a heads up, if you want cloth recaros that means you'll be getting a base. The LCD screen in the gauge cluster that has track apps in it only comes on premium GTs.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
Just a heads up, if you want cloth recaros that means you'll be getting a base. The LCD screen in the gauge cluster that has track apps in it only comes on premium GTs.

i did not know this. the dealerships around here would have to hunt down the track pack/ recaro car. but they said, oh dont worry, if it comes with sync then it defiantly has track apps. lol

MRSUPRA

Established Member
As much as I try to like the 15 Mustang, there is just no excitement to the exterior styling. I'm sure it will perform, but it just looks bland.

stangfreak

Established Member
I think it looks better than the 05-14 models. That's just my opinion. wish I could afford to have one.

darreng505

Established Member
Its been a while since I have posted on here but I used to own a 2003 cobra build, 2011 premium gt and a 2012 boss. I think i will be hunting down a 2014 track pack with cloth recaros, since i dont currently own a mustang, and i will be passing on the 15 model.. at least for a few years. While I like the new car and all it has to offer, Im not in love with it. Mabey its too perfect. I dont know.
To me a mustang is about individuality and building them how one sees fit. They 13/14 cars have bookos of add ons to tailor the car how i woul like it. Yes, I know the 15s will eventually too but I hate the rear end of them and the front seems too messy. To me it looks like a bunch of different ideas in one. There is too much going on. I bet the younger guys will love them. I just dont think it looks muscular in anyway.
I love tech, and the 15 will have tons. But I will probably be happy enough with tracks apps on the outgoing car. Money really isnt the issue at all here and I know the 15 will stop a stock 14, but when you buy a car, you are buying it for interior/ exterior looks too. The interior and exterior of the 15 looks too busy to me. A 14 is a little simpler and would allow me to focus on driving more than searching for buttons. I dont know, time will tell I guess. Mabey I will change my mind.

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunate for us Mustang loyalists, Ford decided to make the car appeal to "everyone in the world", which means making it less muscle and more "ambiguous". The rear end is angular and plain with gimicky taillights, yet "tries" to resemble the 66 fast back. Even the Ford designer said so, but the front resembles nothing retro. It looks Japanese (or like other Ford's). And the door/hip lines look similar to current models. So yes, its a confused mess trying to appeal to everyone instead of being what it should.

The interior on the 15 has some "design gratuities" that make me scratch my head. Like the "tubular" buttons. Don't look very tactile to me....

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunate for us Mustang loyalists, Ford decided to make the car appeal to "everyone in the world", which means making it less muscle and more "ambiguous". The rear end is angular and plain with gimicky taillights, yet "tries" to resemble the 66 fast back. Even the Ford designer said so, but the front resembles nothing retro. It looks Japanese (or like other Ford's). And the door/hip lines look similar to current models. So yes, its a confused mess trying to appeal to everyone instead of being what it should.

The interior on the 15 has some "design gratuities" that make me scratch my head. Like the "tubular" buttons. Don't look very tactile to me....

AS much as I hate camaros, I would rather buy a 2014 1le over a 2015 mustang. So disappointed with the 2015.

Cobracrazee1

Established Member
Just saw the 2015 on the streets of Burbank Ca. The front end was camouflaged, it appeared to be a Shelby, had the Shelby hood scoop. Couldn't really hear the exhaust, hope it's Turboed. I didn't like the pictures in the magazine. But in person the, I think it's the best looking mustang built after 70. The rear end is very wide. And the rear quarter wide and well proportioned not like the camaros or the Vette. Definatly going to purchase one.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Interior wise the 15's interior is bar none. It looks absolutely fantastic. From what I've from everyone on this site(besides maybe one member) is once they saw it in person they either fell in love with it or had fallen even deeper in love with it. I have a feeling once you see one and actually sit in it and maybe test drive you'll like it not to mention the base model, ecoboost and gt normally are a bit timid looking compared to the higher end models. Apply your full judgement after we get to see those as well.

ExTurbo

Established Member
i did not know this. the dealerships around here would have to hunt down the track pack/ recaro car. but they said, oh dont worry, if it comes with sync then it defiantly has track apps. lol

Technically, he's right, if it comes standard with sync it means its a premium. Base GT's don't "come with" sync. He proabably just

Charliesgramps

Established Member

This is not correct. You can get Sync (as an option) with a base GT and it still won't have the LCD.

If you want the cloth Recaros and Track App-like functionality, you can get an OBD-II port reader and the Torque Pro App. This will give you the same capabilities as the Track App and you can even do data logs.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
My Boss is almost paid off and I love the fact that it is simple in terms of buttons and stuff. Cloth seats, minimal buttons and good engine are all I need

darreng505

Established Member
My Boss is almost paid off and I love the fact that it is simple in terms of buttons and stuff. Cloth seats, minimal buttons and good engine are all I need

Exactly. That's kinda what a muscle car should be. Let's hope their performance model of the '15 is stripped of less wanted luxuries. I mean, heated and cooled front seats? In a Cadillac, sure. But on a Mustang it seems a bit over the top.

williamwally

Established Member
Exactly. That's kinda what a muscle car should be. Let's hope their performance model of the '15 is stripped of less wanted luxuries. I mean, heated and cooled front seats? In a Cadillac, sure. But on a Mustang it seems a bit over the top.

Why not have your cake and eat it too? :coolman:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I seen one in Pittsburgh and it is absolutely stunning. I liked the car in the pictures, I thought it was the only logical direction and accepted the car for what it was....

However, when I seen the DIB 5.0 at the show, I was completely taken by it. It is very athletic, toned and sporty. It looks powerful and fast... The Camaro behind it look aged, old and HUMONGOUS.

The front fascia is perfect on the GT. The grill was sized appropriately and is aggressive. I've seen pretty bad pictures taken from waist level head on and it makes the Mustang look awkward. When you see the Mustang in person, the car looks perfect. The rear of the car is familiar and fast. All the lines come swooping back and slightly up at the spoiler. The car is wonderful...

We didn't get close enough to look at the interior...

Edit: My wife has never, ever wanted a car before. Not really... The first Red 2015 Mustang shown on TV was the first car she fell in love with. I want to see the GT350 and the GT500. My schooling may take me out of buying potential until 2016-'18. I'm excited thinking that the 2015-2017 will be the most subtle versions this generation. They already look pretty mean, I think the design looks great as is although, the Mustang usually gets more aggressive as time goes on.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member

Forgive me but this isn't the 60's where it was cool and expected that muscle cars had the bare essentials and nothing else. The heated/ cooled seats will be one of many options available for the car. You don't want it then don't get it as an option. Like the above poster, why not have extremely fast plus every amenity there is?

NametoShowOther

Established Member
Forgive me but this isn't the 60's where it was cool and expected that muscle cars had the bare essentials and nothing else. The heated/ cooled seats will be one of many options available for the car. You don't want it then don't get it as an option. Like the above poster, why not have extremely fast plus every amenity there is?

Agree, this is probably the weakest complaint against a car. I do not like the new mustang because it is toooooooo good. Come on!

I agree with your rebuttals

jes_csx

Established Member
Exactly. If Ford wants to compete, these options need to be available… just like they are on the cars people will likely cross-shop.

Users who are viewing this thread