those with tinted windows

acrbill

Established Member
To those with tinted windows, did you install that moleskin stuff? I heard that the earlier 197 cars needed it but have not heard much about the newer cars needing it as well.

Any insight?

scott_0

Established Member
had my car tinted last May when I bought the car and the tint has scratches at the back of the window

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I have had tint since the first month of owning my car. The only problem they had was there was some kind of chemical crap ford had on my windows and it was hard to get off. Other than that it went on easy and no moleskins.

stang1971

Established Member
i have been tinting since '99... one of the keys to a good tint job is good film... dont go for who has the cheapest price.... we charge 169 for a mustang and we use a GOOD film that has a lifetime warranty... i also "file" the windows.. our cars have " frameless" windows which means there is no frame to support the top.... i cut my patterns a little long so the top hangs over an 1/8 of an inch and use a file to trim that excess off.... leaves a nice looking job without that pesky gap at the top.... also..make sure you dont EVER use windex on tint. Buy a foaming window cleaner such as invisible glass....clean the windows weekly..... i actually use a quick detailer on my windows as it cleans and makes it harder for stuff to stick to it. A good tint place will explain everything before doing the job and how to care for the windows after the job is done..... hope this info helps.

acrbill

Established Member
You ever hear of Sun-Gard / Madico film?

I am down in Atlanta and there is a tint place right next to my hotel and on their website they say they use the stuff.

stang1971

Established Member

I am down in Atlanta and there is a tint place right next to my hotel and on their website they say they use the stuff.
last i knew neither of those were still being made... but when they were it was good stuff.... be careful of "metalized" film... it will interfere with the tpms on the new cars.... i personally LOVE llumar film.... we use suntek here cuz i dont get a say so..lol any questions feel free to ask.

stang1971

Established Member

my car is tinted... 35% on the sides and 20% on the back window... i also have my complete windshield tinted in 50%... now its not even close to being legal to do.. ive been pulled over and nothing has ever been said... keep the car soooooooo much cooler in the summer.

Last edited:

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
Tinted with llumar film, 25% front sides and 15% rears. What the hell is moleskin? And i always clean my windows with detailer

acrbill

Established Member
LOL Moleskin is this soft material that you affix to the rubber piece on the window. It keeps the rubber from scratching the tint on early s197 cars.

I still have not found a tinting place that looks legit. They all seem to be run by hillrods.

ViciousJay

Established Member
LOL Moleskin is this soft material that you affix to the rubber piece on the window. It keeps the rubber from scratching the tint on early s197 cars.

I still have not found a tinting place that looks legit. They all seem to be run by hillrods.

when you comeback to chicago let me know i know a guy that does commercial jobs, its through a friend but the guy does great work and did my current car right now

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
last i knew neither of those were still being made... but when they were it was good stuff.... be careful of "metalized" film... it will interfere with the tpms on the new cars.... i personally LOVE llumar film.... we use suntek here cuz i dont get a say so..lol any questions feel free to ask.

where do u live at lol

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
most tint shops are shady. i feel like they give u a life time warrenty and the shop closes in a year.

Ordie

Established Member
Mine have been tinted for almost a year.. 35% all around. No scratches.. I think it was 09 and older that needed the moleskin the 10s and up already have it.

Users who are viewing this thread