Those with the new RWTD tune to fix the hesitation .. question inside

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Since your new tune, has your exhaust smelled different and sounded different on deceleration?

thanks,
Crowley

slimpickuns

Established Member
I haven't noticed any difference in the exhaust smell or sound...but the hesitation after the 2-3 shift is still there.

I haven't driven the car much since installing the new tune...so maybe I need to let the computer learn the new tune?

The car runs great except for the annoying loss of power for a split second after shifting into 3rd.

RGrossman

Established Member
I installed a new tune and exhaust sounds the same as it did before at all times. My hesitiation on shifts has been fixed so far it seems.

davbrucas

Banned
my hesitation is there....but i didnt notice it before this tune as i rarely shift at redline. exhaust pops much worse on decel now...

YGETV8

Established Member
I didn't notice any changes besides the absence of the hesitation I had when going WOT from a higher RPM. Car seems to run great!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
James sent me a new tune to try out to fix my hesitation also. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'll get it in there this weekend and let everyone know how it is.

Does anyone know what James changed in the tune to fix the hesitation?

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
When you say hesitation, is it cutting out or is does it feel real sluggish and then all of a sudden the power hits?

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I get a very very slight hesitation, probably around 3k when I'm in 3rd, not directly after the shifter. It kinda feels like the power just kinda levels out for a sec then continues again. Happens only when I'm driving "grandma'ish", and even then not always. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about?

YGETV8

Established Member
My car would literally fall flat on it's face if I romped on it at above say 4000 RPM or so, then it would pick back up a second later. Better now.

Users who are viewing this thread