Those with sportbikes and fast cars

kball

Banned
I've always wanted both. My question is 9 out of 10 times, the bike will always be or feel faster than your car. How do you manage both? Do you still mod your car? It seems like having a bike would ruin trying to make your car faster? Anyone else agree or disagree? Thanks in advance.

Kris

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
kball83 said:
I've always wanted both. My question is 9 out of 10 times, the bike will always be or feel faster than your car. How do you manage both? Do you still mod your car? It seems like having a bike would ruin trying to make your car faster? Anyone else agree or disagree? Thanks in advance.

Kris

I've had both but sold the CBR due to a cager killing a close friend of the family and just generally riding it less and less.

They are two seperate animals. IMO the bike was the most fun when riding with others or just cruising on a nice day. Speed is a plus and of course everyone loves a bike. However, riding around in your leathers and helmut isn't as comfortable as reclining in your car seat in what ever you were wearing that day. You also don't have AC or a stereo (if that's important to you.) The other down side is everyone is trying to hit you (or at least it seems that way.) I rode a lot when I first got the bike but then found that I didn't ride it as much the more time went on.

I really don't miss it now unless I see a huge group cruising. For the local meets a car is my preference. Once you get one you'll understand, you'll still want your car to be fast too.

kball

Banned
I had a bike back in 2003(03 Yamaha R6), and it was totaled with 152 miles on the clock. Wasn't my fault, but i've been really wanting another. BAD. I also want a car too. I'm stuck here in South Korea for another 5 months and then headed to Colorado Springs. I've already got a daily driver for the winters up there. I just want something when it's nice out. Bike or car-I know I'll be happy. It would be great to have both though.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I have a C6 and a Yamaha V-Max. As stated above, they are two totally different beasts. They serve completely different purposes and fulfill the need for fun and speed in two completely seperate way.

Coiled03

Established Member
Third Honk said:
I've had both but sold the CBR due to a cager killing a close friend of the family and just generally riding it less and less.

They are two seperate animals. IMO the bike was the most fun when riding with others or just cruising on a nice day. Speed is a plus and of course everyone loves a bike. However, riding around in your leathers and helmut isn't as comfortable as reclining in your car seat in what ever you were wearing that day. You also don't have AC or a stereo (if that's important to you.) The other down side is everyone is trying to hit you (or at least it seems that way.) I rode a lot when I first got the bike but then found that I didn't ride it as much the more time went on.

I really don't miss it now unless I see a huge group cruising. For the local meets a car is my preference. Once you get one you'll understand, you'll still want your car to be fast too.

Couldn't have said it better.

I would only add that after having owned about 7 bikes, and multiple fast cars, having a fast car seems to be the best of both worlds, to me in one respect. I can make a car fast enough to get my speed fix, and it will always be safer than a bike, and far more comfortable in the rain.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I have an r6, had a TL1000R, and a few fast cars(KB cobra/lightning) and as stated they are different beasts. I always felt my car was more fun to go fast around town, it is easier to get on through first. And way more comfortable too. But, few things compare to the rush of grabbing a handful of throttle

White96

Established Member
My buddy has a 04 R-6 with the power comander and pipe and some other mods. He rides it to the gym or when him and his buddies decide to go for a ride. He took it to the beach to (about 4 hour ride) for the week.

He 96 GT has a Vortec JT trim at 14 psi pushing 450 to the wheels he takes that out when we go down town or out with his girl as long as the weather is nice.

The Car is more for show and when he wants to go out. The bike is for getting around town and shit.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
It's not a sport bike, but my '00 Harley Dyna Wide Glide is my other DD when the Cobra takes a break. Like before, both are different, both are awesome and I'd be hard pressed to give either one up.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I used to have a 99 Saleen and a 00 Busa. Now I have my Lightning and an 02 GSXR1000. The bike will see a few mods, not much. I'll spend most of my mod money on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread