Those with shackles

0103SVT

Established Member
I have had the 2" drop shackles for about 8 months but haven't put them on yet because I'm afraid of changing the pinion angle on the driveshaft. What shims work the best and where did you get them from? I need to know everything about. I've searched and can't really find what I want to know. Thanks

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
just the shackles will be fine on your truck
most of the 03-04 guys are the ones who need the shims
i know i didnt and i belive you have the same springs as i do

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
I put 2 inch and had to flip the shims.....let us know how it works out.
yeah see he has an 01 so he shouldnt have to do that, we arnt nearly as high as you are so its not needed

0103SVT

Established Member
So taking it to the track shouldn't be a problem either? I've got a ported blower, 6# lower, tune, et streets, and some other little things but nothing more major then that. I would hate to break the u joints or something because of it being lowered. I wouldn't be as mad if I broke it being at stock height LOL.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I hope your running T-bars with those ET Streets? Just drive it around, and see if you hear or feel anything at any speed.. Then youll know if its right.

0103SVT

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
I hope your running T-bars with those ET Streets? Just drive it around, and see if you hear or feel anything at any speed.. Then youll know if its right.

LOL, Yeah I have the Lakewood T-bars.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
i have 4 inch shackles on an 04.......do i need to flip the shims????......where?? how??when?????......i put them on last night......i didnt know there would be a problem....

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
kennster said:
i have 4 inch shackles on an 04.......do i need to flip the shims????......where?? how??when?????......i put them on last night......i didnt know there would be a problem....

Yes. They need to be reversed. The shims are between the leaf springs and the rearend saddle. Loosen the U bolts and reverse the shims.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
thanks larry...much appreciated.....this will save the rear end???or the u joints???
or just run better???

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
also larry..this may sound stupid...but by reverse....you mean.. turn them around.180 degrees ...or put the passenger on the drivers side and vise versa????....sorry bro....but i am blonde.....lol

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
thanks again Larry....and finally..its the little 1/8 inch plate below the spring right???..not much difference from front to back......it makes that much difference?????wow....

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
kennster said:
thanks again Larry....and finally..its the little 1/8 inch plate below the spring right???..not much difference from front to back......it makes that much difference?????wow....

You'll see the difference when you take them out to reverse them.

Users who are viewing this thread