Those with pro 5.0 shifter???

Rwick7

Established Member
Are you using the short handle or a longer one? Other than the MGW piece is there a different handle you can get through Pro 50? Help....

TruBlu03

The MGW is a pretty nice handle IMO, gotta love the adjustablity. The Steeda handle will bolt up to the Pro 5.0, I think UPRs handle will as well. Pro 5.0 also sells a longer handle if I remember correctly.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Pro 5.0 sells a longer handle for an extra $10... one inch longer....

Think you get the best deal with the MGW handle.. but I can't confirm that because mine is STILL NOT HERE DUE TO BACK ORDER!

:fm:

suprsnake

Established Member
i have yet to do any mods to my 03 but i am thinking very seriously about a shifter change!! but will a dealer void my warrenty just for changing the shifter?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
This is my opinion mind you..... but.......

I do not see legally where a warranty on this car can be voided for a change to

Shifter
Shocks
Exhaust
Air Filter
Oil Selection (providing it meets the minimum requirements)
Tires (unless they rub on something)

Now a chip or a pulley... I can see Ford having plenty of room to void a warranty.

Again my opinion.

TruBlu03

Is an iffy thing really. The law is pretty clear and is on our side, but it dosn't really stop some dealers from doing the wrong thing. Best advise I have is try to locate a mod friendly dealer in your area, then ask em what they are willing to work with. Shops that sell tuners,(Saleen, Steeda etc) see to be more acceptable IMO.

Only problem I can really see with the shifter is if you have a problem that is realted, e.g. the tranny has issues, they could blame the shifter. Some guys will put stock parts back on for warranty work to try and avoid these problems, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

If you have a good dealer, they will work with you.

f4sfed

Established Member
I put the MGW handle on my Pro 5.0. I like it, however as far as I have the handle extended, I'm not sure it's as short of a throw as it would have been with the standard Pro 5.0 shifter handle.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
The PRO 5.0 and MGW is an unbeatable combination!

fd5478cc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread