Those with H&R's, no iso's...

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I've had this setup on my vert for about a year and a half, and was wondering how your Cobras were riding compared to mine.

I scrape on nearly every everything in the road, but it's still worth it at the end of the day. The drop is near perfect IMO.

I've noticed recently that the front suspension seems to creak a little more when turning or first moving the rack at startup. It will sometimes POP. Maybe it's just the cold weather...

Can you feel nearly every imperfection in the road? My car vibrates a little while driving, although it could be an imbalanced wheel or the tires I'm running.

I also have noticed a thumping noise at about 20-23mph. I hear a constant thump at those speeds. It's near the front and I can feel it in the floor and as I brake. I can hear it vibrate my radio bezel. Unsure if this is related to the H&R's, but my coupe with H&R's with no iso's had the exact same problem.

I have 51k miles on the car. Any comments?

mdrc347

Established Member
Just my opinion but its too low. But I'm not a big fan of lowering. I like these cars at stock ride height. Anything more than an inch is too much for me. Nice car besides though.

svt2ner

Established Member
Is the thump on just the left side or both? When was last time it had an alignment?

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I've had this setup on my vert for about a year and a half, and was wondering how your Cobras were riding compared to mine.

I scrape on nearly every everything in the road, but it's still worth it at the end of the day. The drop is near perfect IMO.

I've noticed recently that the front suspension seems to creak a little more when turning or first moving the rack at startup. It will sometimes POP. Maybe it's just the cold weather...

Can you feel nearly every imperfection in the road? My car vibrates a little while driving, although it could be an imbalanced wheel or the tires I'm running.

I also have noticed a thumping noise at about 20-23mph. I hear a constant thump at those speeds. It's near the front and I can feel it in the floor and as I brake. I can hear it vibrate my radio bezel. Unsure if this is related to the H&R's, but my coupe with H&R's with no iso's had the exact same problem.

I have 51k miles on the car. Any comments?

im running h&r race with 1 iso in the front, 0 in the rear ... i do hear alittle noises here and there but nothing big at all ... i do scrape on every single speed bump out there ... but the ride height is too sexy to think about changing it

Just my opinion but its too low. But I'm not a big fan of lowering. I like these cars at stock ride height. Anything more than an inch is too much for me. Nice car besides though.

the stock ride height on these cars is rediculously horrible looking:bored:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
When I first got my Cobra back in March, it had H&R sports with worn out stock iso's. Scraped everywhere if I had more than just me in the car. Replaced with MM poly iso's all the way around. Much better imo. I like the stance as well.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im looking to run the sports with stock isos or just 1 iso in the front or rear. After seeing your car though, i kinda wanna run no isos. I am a fan of the slammed look!

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I'm running H&R race with no iso's and run side exit exhaust, I've had to reverse out of situations because there was a speed bump in the way. HA!

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread